Friday, April 27, 2007

Some News

Hello my dear world

How are you ? I am quite well. I have so much to tell you that I don't know where to begin. How about I start with what I did yesterday. The weather yesterday was a big soggy because it rained for a while but it didn't last long.

Anywho....on the 4th floor at my job there were two guys who were delivering huge jugs of bottled water. One of the guys was named Chad. Chad was a really nice looking guy. He had long sandy brown/blonde hair and an amazing smile to boot. He looked like he was in his late 20's to early 30's. Chad and I talked for a few minutes and we joked around a bit. He looked like the kind of guy who spends quite a bit on a surfboard he just had that look about him. His hair was the color of summer sand just washed by the tide. I instantly liked him after talking to him for just a few minutes. The other guy working with him didn't talk much. Since there was another guy working with him I didn't tell him what a nice looking guy he was or that I liked talking to him. Forgive my silliness my dear world I just had to share that with you.

Later on after work I went to one of my favorite stores which is a store called "Tuesday Morning". I love going to Tuesday Morning its such a joy shopping there. In the store I always find something I like. At the store I purchased some hand-written journals, one pack of notecards which were covered with pictures of Writers of the Hudson Valley, I also purchased some chocolates that are from Belgium, I also got some notecards which have some artwork on them by the artist Seurat. I also purchased an audio cassette called "War Letters" which is correspondence from some of the American Wars. Here's some information on the audio cassette: In 1998, Andrew Carroll founded the Legacy Project with the goal of remembering soldiers and preserving their letters for posterity. The cassette holds a collection of insight into the Civil War, World War I and World War II, Vietnam, Korea, the Cold War, the Persian Gulf and even the fighting in Somalia and the Balkans. Some of the letters read on the audio cassette who fought in battle were a bit hard to listen to because they were so very sad.

After shopping at the store my family and I went to La Parrilla Mexican restaurant. They have some pretty good food. Our dinner was nice and I enjoyed my meal.

Now I will tell you what I did today......

Today was another day at work for me and my coworkers. Today wasn't so busy for us. Later on for lunch me and three of my female coworkers went to Longhorn Steakhouse. One of my coworkers treated us since we were celebrating my birthday a little late. Two of my coworkers and I had ribeye's and my other coworker had a N.Y. strip steak. The ribeye's were good although two of my coworkers had to send back their ribeye's because they were cooked medium well instead of cooked well done like they had asked. They sent their ribeye's back and got different ones which were cooked completely done. Their ribeye's were cooked to their liking. While we were eating the restaurant started filling up pretty fast. My coworkers and I noticed that some other people that work in our building were also there having lunch. I guess they had the same idea as we did. Later on after our meal I ordered a brownie dessert to go. Let me tell you the brownie from Longhorn Steakhouse was quite rich in chocolate as I like it. The dessert was pretty good. After my coworkers and I finished working we went downstairs where I shared my dessert with them.

On a completely different note I am happy to report that my uncle Tony is out of the hospital. He stopped by the house a few minutes ago and let me tell you that he looks really good. He is back to his old usual joking self and he seems to be doing really good. I am so happy that he is feeling better and out of the hospital.

So my dear world how was your day ? How are things in your neck of the woods ? I hope that you are doing well and that you are enjoying your Friday. I am looking forward to the weekend. I am happy that my favorite movie "Under The Tuscan Sun" with Diane Lane is coming on t.v. tonight I haven't seen it in a long time. I just had to pop in and say hello and see how you are doing.

I'll talk to you again later. Until then take care everyone. Byyyye !!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have had a fun couple of days.
Enjoy your weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

So glad your uncle is feeling better. Have a good weekend. B. x

Anonymous said...

Glad that your uncle Tony is feeling better. That chocolate browine sounds delicious. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

So what are you going to do about the water guy?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))))Glad your Uncle is doing better.I wish I had a brownie right now.LOL.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very good and fun week.  Hope your weekend and the upcoming week are and will be as good.  BTW . . . I for some reason don't know what your name is and would like to know very much.  Would you be so kind to let me know. : )  Thanks.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Dummy me, I saw your name on the side bar, duh!!!!  LOL  Nice to know you Monae.  It is a pretty name . . . do you have a southern accent?

Phil