Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Little Reflection

Hello dear world

Good evening. At the moment I am in between grief and numbness. I am saddened over the recent shootings at the Virginia Tech campus. I am filled with hurt after having heard the news. I keep thinking back to the Columbine High School shootings and the Amish Schoolhouse shootings and reflecting on this recent incident.

I feel sorrow for the families who have lost loved ones and to the students who knew them. I think that all of this is quite a horrible tragedy. Everyone in the world seems sad at the moment. This shooting was talked about at my work and a lot of people were shook up about this quite a bit. I don't know if anyone will be able to understand why this happened and what led the gunman to do what he did.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and with the students at Virginia Tech. My heart goes out to them all.

If you would like more information here is a link and a journal you might want to check out -----> http://collegemedia.com/ and http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip . At the Northern Trip journal you will be able to find a link in one of the entries in which you can sign a guestbook if you like to offer prayers, poems or condolences of your own.

Anywho dear world thanks for listening. Take care.

Good-night

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))I have the guest book in my journal,,I already sign it.Have a nice nigt.

Anonymous said...

Such  a terrible waste, words fail me.
Stay safe.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Just awful, beyond belief. Brings back memories of the Dunblane massacre here in Scotland.

John

Anonymous said...

Your "little reflection" of sadness and sorrow was and is mirrored globally! ... As much as I'd like to blame the university for letting him slip through their system, and to a certain extent I do (example:  One of his professors raising mental illness issues with the university prior to the shootings, indicating that he was quite disturbed, but the school doing next to nothing about it, etc.) ... I obviously place blame principally on him, and deservingly so, BUT also on our society at large! ... Couldn't his parents have been better in his child rearing?  Where was his other extended family members in his life?  Couldn't the very "few" friends that he did have been there to lend a patient ear to listen, warm arms to hug, lips to give good advice or at the very least, a heartfelt smile???  Why was he so socially cut off from this world?  Was it his choice entirely to live such a life of isolation?  His inability to connect with the real social world intertwined with race issues, language barriers, cultural dilemmas,  and obviously severe mental illness, raises the importance of how he, along with the other socially inept Jeffrey Dahmer's and Ted Bundy's of this world that we live in get pushed out onto the fringes of our society, only to walk further towards the brinks of insanity and thus, deeper into the world of severe mental illness... Because in the end, that is the only social concept they have been trapped to RELY on... Makes me wonder, "Not, what can your country(men) do for you, but what can you do for your country(men)" TODAY, TOMORROW, NOW!!!... (continues...)

Anonymous said...

(continued...)  
In saying all this, it's NOT meant to give "excuses" for HIS atrocious acts.  Rather, I say all of this with EMPATHY in heart and mind, knowing that this could have been PREVENTABLE, and still knowing that there are MANY others out there suffering and feeling similarly, everyday.  And now, calling the need for EVERYONE to try to take SOME S-O-C-I-A-L effort into making this world a peaceful, possible, HEAVEN On EARTH!  ... Figuring, small steps are better than no steps!