Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Really Great Birthday

Hello ( Ni Hao ! ) dear world

Good evening ( Wan Shang Hao ! ) how are you ? I am quite wonderful I must say. I have so much to tell you. Earlier this evening my family and I went to a great restaurant called "Lee's Golden Buddha" to celebrate my 31st birthday. Let me describe what we saw when we walked in: First there is a water fountain pond in which to make a wish by throwing in pennies. There are frog and fish statues on the fountain. Behind the fountain there are little buddha statues in which is inspired from the restaurant itself. There is also a bar in the front of the restaurant and then there are different Chinese objects that you can look at and purchase if you like.

After a few minutes we were taken to our table which is where the chefs come and cook the food at your table. Let me tell you that its quite a sight to behold. First the chef make a fire that was quite hot but it was beautiful. Then he prepared the fried rice with doing an acrobatic act with eggs that would make a stunt man look like a rookie. He then started making the food with lots of skilled stunts that was quite amazing. He then made an exploding volcano with an onion that made even my youngest niece excited. My youngest niece wanted the chef to do it all over again. I even got a piece of Shrimp thrown at me and it landed into my mouth at the first try.

After our meal the Chinese waitresses and one of the owners of the restaurant came and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I even hit a gong in the restaurant and I for the very first time ate some green tea ice cream which was quite good I must say. My mom was taking pictures and she also made a video of the entire evening. I had quite a wonderful birthday celebration. The restaurant looks like you are actually in China. It felt like my family and I had gone to China and the chef taught me a few words and phrases to say in Chinese which was something. I did learn a little bit of Chinese tonight and it was quite a wonderful trip.

After we ate we walked back out to the front where I picked up a handmade Chinese umbrella and a little souveneir of my night. My dear world it was nice turning 31 tonight.

I hope you and your family had as magical a night as I did. I will talk to you again soon.

Good-night ( Wan An ! ) !!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations  What a wonderful night you had. Can't you post some of the photo's that Mum took ? would love to see your excited face.  HAve a lovely weekend  Much Love Sybi    ( sybil sybil 45)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place to eat Monae,  Have a very Happy Birthday. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy 31st Monae!     I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant you ate at for your Birthday meal.     May you have a wonderful year ahead!    mark

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time and a happy birthday. B. x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Bday celebration!
Pam