Friday, November 10, 2006

Startling Day

Hello dear world

How are you ? Where do I begin this evening ? At the beginning perhaps. As I might not have told you my father and I work in the same building together so we rode into work together. Anyway.....On our way to work around 6 a.m. we happened upon a terrible car accident.

One of the drivers was a woman. There was another driver in another car but I don't know if it was a man or another woman. Being that my father works in law enforcement he had to pull the car over and help direct traffic. When he got out of the car he walked over to a Deputy Sheriff that was at the scene.

Anyway.......The woman driver and her car were on the left hand side while the other car was on the right hand side. No ambulance had arrived on the scene at the moment. Some police officers were standing by the woman trying to talk to her but I could see that she wasn't moving or responding.

I was standing across the street from where the woman's car was. The womans car was wrecked completely on the front and the car she had been driving was smoking. The other car was on the right hand side. I could hear an ambulance trying to get to the scene of the accident. There was so much I could see. There was some police car lights flashing and there was glass in the street. I don't know if the glass in the street was from the woman's car or if the glass was from the other car.

My dear world I was quite shaken at the time. In a way I wish that I hadn't seen the car accident. Its quite sad to see something so tragic. After the ambulance arrived on the scene my dad came back to the car. I still don't know if the other driver was badly injured. My father told me that the woman was bleeding really bad. He also said that he didn't know if the other driver had any injuries but he said that the other driver would be taken care of.

The thing is I have NEVER seen a car accident like that first hand. While I was at work I kept thinking about the people in the accident. I do hope that the drivers of the cars will be alright. I don't even know what hospitalsthe drivers are in.

My dear world I was quite shook up today by the accident. I haven't heard any news about the accident on television. No information or news was put on the radio about it either. The car accident felt like a movie or something. I do hope both drivers are well. Even now I am thinking about the accident.

So dear world how was your day ? How are things in your neck of the woods ? I had to come and talk to you dear world so I did. Today I wish that I could have crawled into bed, pulled the covers over my head and stayed hidden from the world.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is terrible to see a car accident and it can be so upsetting. Maybe the local papers will print the story. I hope they were both o.k.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

That's a terrible thing to see. I hope the drivers are both okay and that you get ver it soon. B. x

Anonymous said...

It is quite shocking to encounter a bad road accident. I have seen some when passing in the other direction. But to be the first on the scene must be dreadful.

Stay safe, have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hope tomorrow qwill be better for you also, I remember an accident I seen in D~Town Louisville more than 10 years ago, a dumbass was driving with her kid standing in the front seat, I remember seeing the child standing and thinking to myself what a dumbass** about the mom driving, when ll of a sudden a truck smashed into them the child was ejected thru the front windshield,  luckily there were loads of people helping cause I was in shock i couldn't do anything, I don't know what happen to the kid or the woman but that day still comes back to me and you know I will NEVER let my kids ride with out the seatbelts and car seats.  Missy

Anonymous said...

How dreadful for you Monae,  I hope you find out how the car occupants are very soon.  I`ve seen a couple of serious accidents and it really shakes you up.  Take care my friend and try not to worry too much.

Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

How awful for you to see all that. I pray that those people are going to be alright. Hope your day was better today. Hugs, Helen