Saturday, November 11, 2006

Matthews Hamper House & Brahma Bulls

Hello dear world

How are you ? Today in my neck of the woods it was a iron-gray colored wet day. Yes dear world here I am. I am happy to report that I am doing better today. I didn't see anything on the news about the car accident but maybe it will show up in the newspaper. I do hope that the drivers of the cars will be alright.

Anyway......earlier today I went to a place that I like called "Matthews Hamper House" here is a link ------> http://www.matthewshamperhouse.com/ . At the Hamper House they sell wicker baskets, clear plastic wrapping bags, faux flowers and many other things. I really like going there because its fun to go there look around and perhaps see something I want to buy.

While I was at The Hamper House there were some old-fashioned looking cowboys outside who were sitting in a truck with a see-through cage filled with ( 4 ) Brahma Bulls. Here is a link ------> http://www.ionet.net/~brahman/ .The bulls were quite large and they were the color of licorice. The bulls were magnificent looking let me tell you. It was sad to see that on their ears they had on tags with numbers on them. I'm sure that were probably taken to market where someone bought them and more than likely had them slaughtered. I really wish that I could have touched them. I also wish that I could have talked for a minute to the cowboys I saw. I imagine that the cowboys were probably from somewhere out in Texas. The only time I have ever seen a bull is on television. This was the 1st time I have ever seen a bull up close. Have you ever seen one dear world ?

All in all it was a really fun day. How was your day ? Did you see anything that you have never seen before ? I do hope that you had a really wonderful day.

I also wanted to say thank you to all of our troops in Iraq and for the Veterans who fought for our country. I do hope that soon the war on terrorism will be over some day. To all of you men and women who fought for our country and may still be fighting let me say from my heart "THANK YOU". I do hope that our troops in Iraq will be able to return home once and for all. ALL OF YOU ARE REMEMBERED AND LOVED. I wanted to share a poem with you which was written by Colonel John McCrae on May 3, 1915.

In Flanders Field

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

 

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved, and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

 

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

 

That's all for now. I will talk to you again tomorrow. Good-night everyone. Sweet Dreams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate you stopping by 'my place', thank you for the invite.  I've got you on alerts and will keep in touch.  
d

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Yes, I have seen a lot of Bulls and owned a few being raised in the country. Never owned a Brahma but have seen them. They can be quite mean tempered. Helen

Anonymous said...

For all our troops both American and British serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, my thoughts are with them at this Remembrance weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

It's a miserable day here, so rainy and gray. I didn't even want to get out of bed, lol. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing better.

And ooh, "In Flanders Field" is one of my favorite poems, nice choice.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,
You haven't made a log in nearly a week... not like you to go for more than a few days without posting one... hmm... getting me worried.... hope you are okay.  I'm sure other regulars are wondering where you are too.
Thinking of you,
Diane.