Saturday, November 4, 2006

My Day

Hello dear world

Here I am once again. First things first. How are you ? I almost had a heart attack just a few minutes ago. I was watching Dave's blog Mish-Mash and from one of his videos I thought he was lost out in the woods. I'm okay though.

Anyway........early this morning I woke up and I started watching "The Lake House" which I love by the way. Later on I went to a place called "Home Depot" Here is the link to it --------> http://www.homedepot.com/ . It was fun going there. Did you know that they have wood there that is actually green ? I just found out that bit of information today. I also found out that different pieces of wood have different aromas did you also know that dear world ? While I was there I saw that they are already in the swing of Christmas. There were Christmas decorations, lights and Christmas trees all lit up in the store. There was also some rather nice looking guys there but mainly I just walked around and looked at every aisle. I really enjoy the section where they have different kinds of lighting. They have rubbed Amber fixtures, Art Deco Lighting and chandeliers which I thought were rather beautiful. I also went to the paint section which is another one of my favorites. In the paint section they have this wall which holds different paint sample cards with all kinds of interesting color names like Cobblestone, Bicycle Yellow, Desert Sand and Library Mahogany just to name a few. It was fun to go there and just look around. The smell of the place isn't bad either.

There was a reality show on television called "Newlyweds" with Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson ----> http://www.mtv.com/onair/newlyweds/nick_and_jessica/. When they were still together and doing the show they went to Home Depot one time. There was one episode of the show where they go to Home Depot and Jessica has no idea what Goo Gone is. It was like she had NEVER seen Goo Gone in her life. Did you ever see Newlyweds ? Here is a link for Goo Gone ----> http://www.magicamerican.com/googone.shtml

After Home Depot I went over to Walmart which is also getting revved up for Christmas. The shelves are piled higher than the snow on Mount Everest give or take a few tons with ornaments, lights and decorations. I "LOVE" this time of year.

I have to tell you something. There was this really nice looking guy working in the frozen foods section at Walmart. He smiled at me and he asked me how I was doing ? As I was walking down the aisle he looked back at me and smiled. I wanted to talk to him but he was working so I didn't go and talk to him. I did smile at him though.

Once I got home from the stores I watched some DVD's. One of the movies I watched was "Bridget Jones's Diary" which is another one of my favorite movies. Then I watched "Chasing Liberty" and then I watched one of most favorite of movies "The Wedding Singer". I can't go without watching that one. I love seeing that. Have you seen any movies lately dear world ?

How was your day ? Did you do any shopping ? I hope that your day was as nice as mine. I had a really fun day. I saw quite a few things and I smelled quite a few things. By the way are you getting ready for the holidays ? I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet but knowing me I will wait until the last minute. I don't know what I am going to do for Thanksgiving but I will let you know.

I guess that's about it for now. Take care everyone.

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day just loafering around. I stayed home all day with Patches. I didn't want to leave her her by herself and she difinitely didn't fell like going along. Thanks for the cards but I will have to look at them later as they are saying the site is down right now. Have a good Sunday. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  I saw Dave`s spoof video too, it was really funny and clever! I hope you and your family are well, take care my friend. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dave's video was funny.  Yes, the shops are all getting ready for Christmas but I hate to see houses decorated at this time, it is far too early.  I have started my Christmas shopping, waiting for it to arrive, still got some to do.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Just settling in to your journal and enjoying it, love how you start off "hello dear world" that is precious!

~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/DreamingThroughTheNoise/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/