Friday, June 30, 2006

My Day.......

Hello Dear World......

How are you ? Today I took the day off from work which was rather nice. Of course it was another steamy day here in Atlanta but it was nice since I was out and about today. First my mom and I dropped off my oldest niece at her summer school and then we went to breakfast at a great restaurant here in Georgia called IHOP you can check out its site at -----------> www.ihop.com/ . At IHOP we had eggs, hash browns, sausages and yes we had our favorite dessert.......Funnel Cakes. I had my funnel cakes with chocolate chips and whipped cream and my mom had hers with a fruit topping.

After that we came home and I took my puppy Hobo out for a walk on our street. My puppy Hobo is getting bigger by the day I'm not sure how much bigger he will get but I think he will be much bigger once he is out of the puppy phase which doesn't seem long. He is doing well of course he will be going back to the vet in a couple of days.

Later in the day we went back to pick up my oldest niece from school and then we went out for lunch at a place called Zaxby's which has the best Onion peel and the best french fries. Before I would have said McDonald's had the best but after eating at Zaxby's McDonald's has lost its standing. I had a chicken club which wasn't to my liking because it came with a sweet mayonnaise which I didn't like. But the chicken I have to say was good because it was nice and tender. The Onion peel we had was nice and crispy and they were seasoned just right. I would say that if you like Chicken and you would like to try a new place to eat you have to go to Zaxby's. If you don't have one in your neck of the woods then if you ever get a chance to come to my neck of the woods stop off and eat at Zaxby's for a great meal on the go. Here is the link for Zaxby's ---------> www.zaxbys.com .

After we went out to lunch we stopped off at Blockbuster and we decided to rent some movies. We got some movies for the little one and then my oldest niece got a movie and then my mom and I rented some movies. We got one called "Annapolis" with Tyrese. Even though it was more of a guy movie I have to say that the guys in the movie were quite nice looking. Tyrese played the part of a rather not so nice guy and he ended up in a boxing match with one of the other characters in the movie. I don't want to give out the ending so I will just tell you to go out and rent it. Here are 2 links to check out -------------->

www.blockbuster.ca/ .

http://annapolis.movies.com/

A few minutes ago my family and I watched two more of the movies we rented at Blockbuster one is called "FourBrothers" with Tyrese Gibson who also starred in the movie Annapolis. Let me tell you Tyrese is a great actor which showed in the movie "FourBrothers".Tyrese is also a very nice looking guy I must say. The other actors in the movie included Mark Wahlberg, Andre' Benjamin and Garrett Hedlund. FourBrothers was a very good movie and all of the other guys in the movie made the movie what it was. I am recommending "FourBrothers" highly. The other movie we watched was "The Pink Panther" with Steve Martin who was excellent for the role of Inspector Jacques Clouseau. I am also recommending the movie "The Pink Panther" as well. It is a funny movie from start to finish.  

Anyway......I wanted to include a recipe for making funnel cakes because me and my mom happen to like them very much. I'm sure you will want to make one yourself.

( * The batter is poured through a funnel into cooking oil and fried. )

FUNNEL CAKES:

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 quart oil for frying

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 egg

1 cup milk

1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting

-----------------------------------------------------

Directions:

1) In a mixing bowl, beat together egg and milk. Beat in flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and white sugar until smooth.

2) Heat about 1 inch cooking oil in frying pan to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C)

3) Pour 1/2 cup batter through funnel into oil with a circular motion to form a spiral. Fry until lightly brown; turn over to brown the other side. Cook to golden brown, remove to drain on paper towels.

Last note: Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while still warm.

-------------------------------

Tomorrow I am happy to report that I will be going to Indian Springs with my family for the weekend. We won't be camping there but we will be going to the beach since my nieces asked if we could go to the beach. I'm sure it will be hot tomorrow but it will be nice to be at the beach enjoying the water. If you don't mind me asking what are your plans for the 4th of July perhaps buying a ton of fireworks or will you be going to see fireworks ?

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite shows on television called "Junkin" on Turner South with a lady named Vale and a guy named Dave who go to Yard Sales and Flea Markets in different parts of the country. Here is the link -------------> www.turnersouth.com . Check out the "Junkin" site so you can see it for yourself. I really like the show its funny and I like to see them go to all the yard sales since I like yard sales as well.

One last thing before you head to the kitchen to cook up a batch of funnel cakes let me ask you... how your day? Did you go anywhere and eat today ? Did you also take the day off of work ? By the way is it just as hot in your neck of the woods dear world ? I really  hope you had a nice day like I did. I will talk to you later dear world.

Take care.......Byyyyyye for now

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day with your Mom. Glad Hobo is doing good. Those funnel cakes sounds delish. I would try them if I wasn't diabetic. It is some hot days here also. We need some rain to cool things off. Hope you have a great 4th. I am surprised that you and you family are not camping somewhere near a cooling stream of some sort. Helen

Anonymous said...

Cake receipe sounds nice but no good for me being diabetic.  Hope that you have a lovely weekend at Indian Springs.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of funnel cakes before but they sound very yummy. we don't celebrate July 4th here in the UK of course, but it is my brother's birthday so I might enjoy a beer or two with him.
Have anice time at Indian Springs. B. x