Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Day........

Hello Dear World !!!!!!

How are you today ?? It was a rather steamy day here in Atlanta, Georgia. Right about now I would like to take a little vacation in Iceland to get away from this heat. How is the weather in your neck of the woods ?

Anyway.....I have something to tell you though you might laugh but I would like to share it with you so here it is.......There was a really nice looking guy named Anthony yes I asked him his name...proud of me ? Anyway.....Anthony was at the gas station and I asked him if he was going to take me out to lunch as a way of flirting with him. He told me yes if only he didn't have to work. I couldn't have gone to lunch with him since I was with my coworkers. After talking to him some more he smiled at me and asked me if I was going to take him out to lunch but I told him that I had to get back to work which I was wishing hadn't been the case but I had to get back to work with my coworkers since we were out getting gas. He was a really nice looking guy. As I was leaving he winked at me and he smiled back at me as I waved to him. The thing is after all of that I had forgotten to ask him for his phone number....silly me. I know I should have given him my phone number which I forgot to do since I was enjoying talking to him. Silly silly silly silly silly silly silly silly silly me.

In other news I am more than happy to report that Atlanta's Firefighters won a pay increase Monday. The City Council was persuaded to snub Atlanta's Mayor Shirley Franklin, who didn't want to give them anything. The 3.5% raise for Firefighters mirrors the increase that the Mayor had already recommended for sworn Officers in the Police Department. In a 9-6 vote, the Council gave a $1.9 million to Firefighters and they told the Mayor to shave the money from other departments citywide. The Council was reacting to demands by Firefighters for parity with Police. It takes 10 votes to override a veto, so the Mayor could still have the final say. The raises, if unchallenged, will go into effect with the new fiscal year next month. Mayor Franklin declined to comment on whether she planned to veto the council's action. Jim Daws, President of the Atlanta Professional Firefighters, said a veto would be a slap in the face of the City's Firefighters. Last year, after Firefighters marched on City Hall, the Council boosted their pay by 4% after Mayor Franklin recommended firat a 1% and then a 3.5% increase. I'm just glad that the City Council saw that Atlanta's Firefighters got a raise in their pay. I think that the Firefighters deserve equal pay as Atlanta's Police Officers. I support the City Council's decision 100 %.

On a more funny note to everyone who has read the children's story "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" here's a story in reverse which ends in a good way......What I'm about to tell you is a true story. In West Vancouver, British Columbia a woman came home to find a young bear eating oatmeal in her kitchen. The bear apparently entered through an open sliding glass door. The bear broke a ceramic food container and started eating which was reported by West Vancouver's Police Sgt. Paul Skelton. Three police officers who went to the home Thursday couldn't get the bear to budge, so authorities let the animal finish its meal. Police Sgt Skelton reported that "The bear didn't appear to be aggressive and wasn't destroying the house, so they let it do what it was doing and eventually the bear decided to make its way out of the residence and down toward a forested gully". Police Sgt. Skelton also reported that "It ended the best it could". Skelton said bears in the suburbs of Vancouver have been coming out of hibernation as hungry as ever but later than usual this spring because of a heavier than normal snowpack from the winter. In my opinion I'm sure that the bear was happy to get something to eat. Its probably off trying to find something else to eat. After sleeping a while I would be hungry too so all's well that ends well.

How are things in your neck of the woods dear world ??????? Any bears come roaming in your neighborhood ?????

Good night. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...no bears here...but I saw a few on my vacation...Heh! And yes...the heat here is terrible.

...sweetest dreams...now go get that guys number...Heh...Terry

Anonymous said...

Go back and get the Guys number or leave him yours, love the bear story,
take care Lynne xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillywooat62/WelcometomyWorld/

Anonymous said...

Hi, weather nice here (uk Somerset)-Sunny, warm (well not compared to Atlanta) and a light breeze - perfect for drying washing!

Looks like you're going to have to hang about the petrol station every lunchtime for a while!!!!

No bears here - only the grumpy human variety - they too forage for porridge in the mornings!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, looks like you'll have to visit the gas station more often till you find Anthony.
We don't get bears round here. I'm happy to report. B. x

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for flirting with Anthony!!!!  Maybe he followed you back to work and will be dropping by with flowers!!
Sharon - http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

YEAH... I'm sooooooooooooo very proud of you for FLIRTING with Anthony!!!!!!!!  HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Don't worry about not getting his phone number, but if you are genuinely interested in him... do on occasion stop by for gas, even if you don't need any just buy something from the station store AT precisely the same day of the week that you went, and at precisely at about the same time of day!  One day, you may encounter him once more and you can give him a SHOUT OUT and then give him your phone number...  That puts the ball in his court, if he's interested - he'll give you a call.  If he's not... for a many number of endless reasons, e.g. girlfriend, married, homo, etc... then hey, it just wasn't meant to be!!!  Well I'm reading this on 8/29/06 and so that make it about 2 months since this occurred, but I think that it's still not to late to try to encounter him once more if you haven't been trying, heck I'd do it until the end of the year I'd say ... I'm so happy for you!