Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Day In My Life............

Hello Dear World...............

How are you ????? Once again I have some rather terrible news about the weather here in my neck of the woods. Just ( 3 ) years after the worst drought on record Georgia has slipped into another. State Environmental Protection Division Director Carol Couch declared the state to be in a drought Wednesday. A three-day-a-week outdoor watering schedule is in effect until further notice. It was also reported that Lake Lanier the main water source for more than 3 million people is dropping.  Check out about the drought here ------- www.georgiadrought.org/ .

I am also sad to report that once again the Toronto Blue Jays have beat the Atlanta Braves 6-3. The Braves have lost 19 of its past 22 and is 12 games under .500 and resides 14 and a half games behind the New York Mets in the NL East. You can check out the Braves here ------ http://braves.mlb.com/ .

In other news our puppy Hobo went back to the vet for the 2nd time today. Hobo now weighs in at 9lbs. 6ozs. We learned that he is not a Pit Bull as we once thought but he is a mixed Labrador. He got some more shots. Hobo will have to go back to the vet in another ( 3 ) weeks for more shots and a check up.

For dinner my family and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant "La Parrilla" which has some of the best Mexican food. Check out its site here -------- www.laparrilla.com . Tonight there was live entertainment at the restaurant which consisted of a guy playing a guitar and singing some different songs including some of my favorites by the country singer Alan Jackson.

After dinner we went to PetSmart which has everthing. You can find it here ---------- www.petsmart.com/ . At PetSmart we bought some puppy food, a dog brush, a puppy pillow and a harness when we take Hobo for a walk. Here's a site about Labradors ----------- http://www.justlabradors.com/ .

All in all it was a pretty busy day. What did you do today dear world ? I guess that's all for now. I will talk to you tomorrow.

Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion I think you be much more pleased that Hobo has lab in him instead of the pit bull. The pit can be very dangerous. The lab is more even tempered and will be better around younger people. We got a few showers late yesterday and the thundering and flashing lightening woke me up last night. I don't really know if there was much rain from that one or not. I hope so as it was getting so dry here. Helen

Anonymous said...

We're enjoying quite a warm spell in my part of the UK.  It's anice change for us as we don't often have heatwaves. Unfortunately, we too are counting the cost as we also have a drought on. hosepipe bans are in force in some areas. Be well. B. x

Anonymous said...

We`ve  had some severe storms here in Ohio the past two days and tornado warnings!
I bet your puppy is adorable. :)
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

A drought in England?!?!  It usually rains more there than in the produce department at my local grocery store.  

Sorry to hear that Georgia is suffering a drought.  I just can't wrap my mind around the image of two Southern gents drinking juleps on the porch and saying:

"It's a hot one today, I'd say around ninety-five."
"Yeah.  But it's a dry heat."

Yes, ma'am... That just hurts the head.  

-Dan