Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some Rather Upsetting News and Other Notes.........

Hello Dear World !!!!!

How are you ??? First I am sad to report some rather upsetting news. Yesterday my aunt and uncle who don't live very far from us was robbed. I am glad they weren't home at the time. Here's some of the details..my uncle had recently purchased a new computer which was taken and their bedroom was trashed. Apparently the robbers got in by breaking the glass at the top in a door that they have downstairs at their house. Its sad to think something like that could happen to my aunt and uncle or to anyone else for that matter. I wish there was something that I could do to take back what happened to them yesterday but I know I can't. I hope the police are able to find whoever is responsible for the crime. Its not only upsetting but it also makes me mad. The Sheriff of our County doesn't seem to be doing anything to stop the crime in our neck of the woods. You can find out some things about our County at this site ----------> www.co.clayton.ga.us/ . I would like to also share some facts about our County with you.

Here's some facts about our crime rate:

Murders: 23% increase

Robbery: 32% increase

Aggravated Assault: 18% increase

Burglary: 8% increase

Theft: 2% increase

Motor Vehicle Theft: 29% increase

Arson: 13% increase

I don't know if the crime rate will ever change I hope so. How is the crime rate where you are dear world ? I think that's enough upsetting news for now.

-------------

In other news my dear friend Iris has a journal here at J-Land called "La Dolce Vita" here is the link to her site -----> http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita/ . Go and wish her a "Happy 2nd Anniversary" on her journal.

I also have a very interesting journal to share with you called "The Wisdom of a Distraced Mind" that I think you will enjoy. There is a little snack called Chocolate Covered Bacon included in one of the entries I think you might want to check out. Since I love chocolate and this journal I had to post this link with you so here it is ------> http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/ .

Go by and check out this journal for yourself I hope you will like it as I do. I hope you enjoy my journal as well. That's all for now.

Take care dear world

Byyyyye for now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the really kind words!  

As for crime rates, I think they're up all over the country.  I live in Milwaukee, and there are so many shootings and murders here, it's absolutely insane.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

I think the heat is making everything worse.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry this has happened to your aunt and uncle. Things like that happen all the time now. Helen

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately crime is on the increase in the UK also; although the government would tell you differently.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pbaldrey/PetesPlace/

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle, hope their insurance covers them for their losses.
Here in the UK crime is getting worse too. Worse than that, over here the criminals seem to have more rights than the victims.
I agree - Dan's website is a hoot. B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  I`m sorry hear about your Aunt and Uncle being burgled.  It seems to be the way of the world now.  I really can`t see the crime rate improving here or anywhere else for that matter.  It`s a reflection on society as a whole.  Take care.

Sandra xxxx