Monday, June 19, 2006

Some News.......

Hello Dear World.......

How is everyone ? I hope all of you Fathers out there had a most wonderful Fathers Day. Yesterday it was another hot day in my neck of the woods. We had a little cook out for Fathers Day which was nice. My oldest niece had a friend over at the house. I am happy to report that our puppy Hobo is getting bigger and eating more like he's a full grown dog. Hobo will be staying with us so now there is no question.

Anyway....For all of you Boxing fans out there here is a little something you will want to read. Last night my mom and I watched a great Boxing match between Jermain Taylor and Robert "Winky" Wright. It was a fight worth watching even though it turned out to be a draw which I'm sure will lead to a rematch later on. I have to say that Robert is a very nice looking guy and he is quite a Boxer I must say. I am glad I watched it from start to finish. The next time he has a boxing match I will certainly watch. I wouldn't mind getting tickets to see one of his fights that would be something to see.

In other sports news I am sad to report that the Boston Red Sox beat the Atlanta Braves last night 10-7 at Turner Field. It was the 10th loss in 11 games and 17th in 20 for the Braves. Today the Atlanta Braves are in last place in the NL East with a 30-40 record. They are now 14 games behind New York and 10 games under .500 for the first time since 1990. I hope that things turn around for our Braves but I just don't know......I just don't know.

In other news today started another week at work for me and another steamy day here in Atlanta, Georgia and it seems like its going to stay cooking but I don't know how long. At the end of the day my clothes are stuck to me and I will probably turn into an overcooked potato before long. Of course I just started reading a book titled "The Blue Bistro" written by Elin Hilderbrand and its pretty good so far. Here's a few facts about the book to get you interested: There's a guy in the book named Thatcher Smith who is the owner of the Nantucket restaurant and he offers a lady named Adrienne Dealey a job there. Adrienne has spent the past six years working for hotels in exotic resort towns. Over the summer she decides to make Nantucket home. Left flat broke by her ex-boyfriend, she is desperate to earn some money fast. When Thatcher offers her the job she wonders if she can get by with no restaurant experience. A question lingers in the book about the restaurant because it seems to be in its final season before closing its doors for good. Adrienne must decide whether she'll move on as she always does or finally open her heart...............You'll have to read it to find out for yourself. I hope you like the book as I'm sure I will.

Before I say good night let me ask you.......How are things in your neck of the woods dear world ????

I have one final note: There is a journal titled "The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind" here at J-Land which I hope you will enjoy as I did........This journal is funny, interesting and filled with all kinds of interesting items to read. Here is the link --------------------------> http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/  . Drop by this journal and say hello to someone you might not know.

Good-night and sweet dreams.......Byyyyye for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Braves are way behind and I don't see how they can catch up do you? I love those kind of books you are reading. Thanks for your comment in my journal tonight. I have to take Ken back to the Dr tomorrow to get the dressing off his eye. I dread that long drive and sitting waiting and then driving back home. At least four hours all together. I am tired tonight from all the waiting to hear from Ken's surgery today. Have a good night. Helen