Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday Thoughts.......

Hello Dear World....

How are you today ? Its another sizzling day here in Georgia. I wanted to share some things with you. For a long time I was an avid fan of the show "Saved By The Bell" and one of my favorite people from the show has a website that I want to share with you. Check out this site ---------> www.getdshirts.com .

In other news I recently came upon a story in the news recently of a message in a bottle which I also wanted to share with you. Years after casting a bottled-up note into a lake for a class project and just one year after his death, a man's childhood message was found and returned to his mother.

Eleven years ago, a then 10-year-old Joshua Baker wrote the message which was nestled in an empty vanilla container which was given back to his mother Maggie Holbrook. The message read:

"My name is Josh Baker, I am 10. If you find this put it on the news. The date is 4/16/95"

The message surfaced in White Lake in late April, just days after the 11th anniversary of its casting. It was found by one of Baker's closest friends, Steve Lieder, of Antigo. Lieder and two friends were chatting near the lake when they looked down and saw the bottle. They broke it open and found the note inside. They immediately took it to Joshua's mother who said she is now having the note preserved and she will display it in her home. She told the news reporter that she can remember when her son wrote the message for a school project. She says she can still remember the day her wrote it. " I think he was just letting us know he was OK and to keep doing what we are doing".

Joshua died last February following a motor vehicle accident in California. He had recently returned home after serving in the Middle East as a U.S. Marine.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of news as I did. Have you ever sent a message in a bottle ? I haven't ever sent one but I am thinking that I would like to do as Joshua did. What's going on in your neck of the woods dear world ?

That's all for now......I will talk to you later. Byyyyyyyyyye for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Message in a bottle was a bit sad ~ but must have been lovely for his Mum to get that note ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

That's sad, but comforting too for that Mom.  A message from son, too cool.
Sharon – http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

Yep it is hot. We got storms this evening.
i think the bottle story is great.

Anonymous said...

The 80's Rocker Chicks are giving me a bikini wax......   OUCHIE !!!