Friday, October 14, 2005

Dedicated To Jayveeconcerto Or As I Call Him.......The Midnight Cowboy

Good evening dear world.....Here's a little dedication I would like to give to "The Midnight Cowboy".

Somewhere in a small piano bar a gentleman sits at a piano and plays a few notes of a song......This is for him

I sit at a table watching the fingers of a guy that I don't know slip across the ivory keys of a piano as he sings a song called "Smile" by Lyle Lovett. His fingers gently caress the ivory keys as he seems to look over at me making the people in the bar disappear as if he were playing only for me. His eyes take hold of me as he sings a beautiful song that only me and my heart can hear. Every note melts into me as if I were the only person in the room. His fingers continue to slide across the keys as he sings a song that's only meant for me on this particular evening. The last few notes of the song melt from his lips and for a moment his fingers stop on top of the keys as he looks over at me without saying a word.........

 

Perhaps the piano player made this night just for me.........maybe this was all a dream......Maybe he really did play for me...........I'm sure "The Midnight Cowboy" will never tell.

Still this dedication is for him............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to end my week! I can assure you that the ol'Midnight Cowboy was very flattered to receive this tribute. When I'm playing the piano, late at night, in some smokey club, it makes it all worth while to know that my music has touched someone - even if it's only one person. I have no doubt that you would be that special person. Thank you for being there!          

Anonymous said...

Very nice dedication to the Midnight Cowboy. I myself would love to hear him play. Helen

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I dont really know who the midnight cowboy was. But Im guessing he was a good musican.

:-)
love you,
meg