Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Day....

Hello dear world

Good evening !!!!! It was quite a day for all of us. The Neighborhood Block Party went off without any problems. It was quite hot today but we made it through.

I did quite a bit of hostessing and I did a good job overall. There was a lot of politicing going on. There were a lot of politicians there. There were people there running for District Attorney, Commissioner, Sheriff and other positions. My uncle Tony was also there since he is running for Superior Court Clerk. I handed out tablets and cards for my uncle and I shook hands. I also saw my teachers there that I had taken the class on from the Police Department and they came over and said hello to me. My oldest niece and her friend and my youngest niece even got a chance to go into the SWAT van which is nice. One of my teacher's allowed us inside and he told us some information about what goes on inside the van. My mom did take a lot of pictures which will be in our newspaper.

The food consisted of hamburgers, hot dogs and chips and assorted drinks which helped since it was quite hot today. Some of the politicians acted like they could have cared less to be there which I felt was a little disrespectful. If they didn't want to come they shouldn't have been there.

Of course tomorrow my family and I will be going to Indian Springs State Park for a little picnic of our own. We will be going there pretty early and hopefully it won't be as hot as it was today. Here is the link for you -------> http://www.gastateparks.com/indian_springs.html

All in all it was a very nice day. I must tell you that the day was quite nice and yes even some firefighters were there but they didn't come over to speak to anyone and I don't know why. They stood around eachother and ignored the rest of us.

So my dear world how was your day ? Was it as hot in your part of the world today. I can say that we could have used a little bit of rain today with it being so very hot and sticky.

I did win a prize today at the end in araffle which consisted of a green cell phone holder which I gave to my oldest niece since I don't have a cell phone. I was surprised to win but I was glad.

That's about it for now. I'll talk to you again soon.

Bye !!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae. Glad the block party went well. Quite the organiser aren't you? ;O)
Congrats on the raffle win, shame they didn't give a phone along with the holder.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good day and found being the hostess ok. Over here if we have a street party it is a bit different as it just means that all the neighbours get together out in the street and enjoy each others company it helps new come people tp meet their neighbours etc. Each home provides a differnt food or drink dish. They usually last just two or three hours....Today there is one in my sisters street they usually take part and supply drinks usually Pimms..but as they are still feeling very sad they won't be taking part.  weather here is very unpredictable heavy showers I think is forecast and still not all that warm...wonder if this is to be our summer...hope not.  Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE YOU HOSTNG THE BLOCK PARTY!
GUESS WHAT? THE SUBDIVISION I LIVE IN IS CALLED INDIAN SPRINGS!!
ENJOY TODAY!
lYN

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well at the block party and hope your picnic will be fun.  Take care cutie.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time but I think the politicians should go somewhere and bring misery to someone else, that is except for your uncle Tony he is family.  LOL  Enjoy your Sunday and make it a happy one.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am glad you had a good time.I am susprised the fire fighters didnt come and talk to people,because they usllay do.Have a nice day at the park.