Monday, January 1, 2007

A New Year's Day To Remember

Hello dear world

How are you ? Well dear world its a whole new year. My family and I had a New Year's dinner which consisted of greens, candied yams, black eyed peas, macaroni-n-cheese, corn, rice, potato salad, roast, chicken and of course corn muffins. For dessert we had pumpkin pie. It was another great holiday with my family.

People in my neighborhood did some fireworks outside which I guess was some people doing some celebrating one final time. The holiday is quickly coming to an end dear world. I spent quite a bit of time with my family as usual. Yesterday was quite nice as well being with my family. We watched the ball drop in Times Square on television and then we watched the Peach drop in Underground Atlanta on television which is a tradition of ours. My mom and dad had champagne and my nieces and I had sparkling white grape juice which they enjoyed.

How was your New Year's dear world ? How did you celebrate the occasion ? Did you go out anywhere ? I hope you had a really memorable and wonderful New Year's Eve. I would like to wish each and everyone one of you my dear friends a very special and glorious

"HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!"

Did I learn anything ??? I got nothing

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we did fireworks, the ones that were to big to let off for the fourth, it rainded reall good all day so it was safe, and the kids well 2 of my 3 and all the neighborhhood kids were in ahh of them...
You are always so sweet in every entry, It is a pleasure to come vist your journal, thanks for always being so nice.  Missy  

Anonymous said...

I had a quiet New Year's Eve and was feeling sore from climbing up and down the ladder inside my new open small addition in the front of my cabin putting in insulation and caulking seams.      Also the weather was changing from warm to cold and raining so my back was feeling sore.     I slept in very late this morning ( not from drinking as I did not drink any alcohol ) but from back pain.    I did see the ball drop in NYC.     Other than that I watched TV and fell asleep with it on.    Today I am catching up on reading some journals.       mark

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it's 2007 already. May it bring you lots of love, happiness, wealth and everything you wish for.

Best Wishes,
Leigh :-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a happy year this year. Helen

Anonymous said...

We spent a quiet evening in this year. We don't mind as we did all our wild partying some years ago.
Happy new year to you and your family. B. x

Anonymous said...

We watched fireworks through the bedroom window which was nice ~ as it was cosy indoors and cold out there ~ glad you had a good time ~ and Happy New Year to you and your family ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

We watched fireworks through the bedroom window which was nice ~ as it was cosy indoors and cold out there ~ glad you had a good time ~ and Happy New Year to you and your family ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU! Sounds like you had a great time-I stayed home with
family, watched the fireworks from our picture window, it's a good view, and
ate until I was a bit uncomforable,  you think I should know better, huh? lol No
MORE sweets after this week is up! I swear! So, yeah, it was a quiet night for
me, I feel I have had many, many, MANY wild New Year's Eve nights, and can remember how much fun I had with my friends, going to the City, standing out
in the cold all night, sometimes in the rain and snow, but we didn't care, barely
dressed properly, and didn't feel a thing! LOL Stayed until the big white ball dropped, and then the best part: kissed my husband until he took my breath
away! Good memories! ~Diane~http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea/

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS Monae!!!
Diane, aka: Loststream