Saturday, January 6, 2007

A Really Nice Day

Hello dear world

How are you ? Before I begin let me say that my entry today won't be thought-provoking or filled with wit but I hope you my dear world will get something out of it. Anyway....it was a really wonderful day in my neck of the woods. The weather was perfect it almost seemed like Summer had arrived early.

Today my family and I went over to a great place that we visit from time to time called "Hobby Lobby". I bought some really cute stickers, a couple of journals that I will be writing in right after I finish the one that I'm writing in now. I also purchased some items for my mother such as some scrapbook papers which she likes. Here is the site for the store --------------> http://www.hobbylobby.com

In other news recently I had asked the question: Do astronauts take baths in space ? That question got me to wondering another question: What do astronauts eat in space ? Well my dear world while I was out I bought some packages of freeze-dried ice cream. I read on the package that astronauts eat freeze-dried ice cream as a snack. Here are some links for you to check out ----------> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronaut_ice_cream and ----------> http://www.nasa.gov/ . Question dear world: Would you ever want to go into space ?

Last but not least I watched a movie earlier tonight called "Step Up" which was a wonderful movie. The movie stars Channing Tatum who plays a character named Tyler Gage. I have to say dear world that Channing is a very nice looking guy as well as being a very talented actor. The movie is a drama/love story. The movie also has some dancing through the movie. Have you seen any movies lately ? Here is a link --------> http://myspace.com/stepupmovie

That's about it for me. Did you miss me at all ???

Byyyyyye for now. Sweet Dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Monae,  Yes I did miss you for a coule of days.. Thanks for looking into my Journal.  I hope you enjoy your visits.  You seem to be having a great time visiting these great Malls with your Mum and family. We don't have many big malls near where I live, just quite small shops..compared with the ones in your neck of the wood. It is still very mild in our neck of the woods not at all like winter. I will not be around much after next week my friend Mary and I fly off for our hliday to New Zealand on the 16th.  But will be in touch again I am sure before that.   Have a lovely day Like me I expect you will be going to church this morning. Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Good morning Monae, We had a beautiful day here yesterday but woke up to a hard rain this morning. We have recenty acquired a Hobby Lobby in this area but I have never been inside it yet. It's about 30 minutes away. It's in a new mall that has opened these past few months. No I have never wished to be an astronaugt. Ken used to work at the Marshall Space Flight Center at Huntsville (now called Redstone Arsenal)many years ago. He was DR. Werner von Brauns personal illustrater. He worked there when the first moon landing in 1969 took place. He has many 8x10 photos of the building of all those rockets and a picture of Dr.Braun himself with his signature saying to Ken Maddox with warmest reguards Werner von Braun. He got his two sons samples of moon dust from the moon which they still have. All this was before I knew him of course. Just thought you would find that interesting. I haven't put anything about any of that in my journal because I didn't want to answer a bunch of questions. Have a good Sunday. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes I did miss you.... glad all is good for you.   The weather here has been bizarre I just don't want to pay for it in June.
hugs
d

http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear Monae!  Miss you?  Sure did!  I haven't had online access for nearly 2 weeks... craziness!  My husband Chris somehow caught himself a computer bug... he decided to save his important files on my computer so he could reformat his... then his file transfers ended up corrupting my hard drive too... He attempted to fix the computers by reformatting them, which usually works... til now... this booger bug virus pretty much warps your hard drive... so what does my husband do?  Does he do the normal thing, and just get himself a new hard drive?  NOOOOOO.... Instead, he decides to open up an ole TiVo receiver that conked out on us last fall to see what kind of hard drive was in it... TAA DAA!!!  It had a 80 GB hard drive ==>  much better than either of our original hard drives... so now, we have online access again, at least on his puter.  We still have to get one more hard drive for my computer... except Chris insists that he thinks the drive in mine is salvageable, yeah right... we'll see.  So now, I'll just play catch-up reading on the rest of your journal entries that I've missed within the last 2 weeks.  BTW, in case you have a TiVo or any other DVR (digital video recorder) that no longer works, DO NOT THROW IT OUT, do tinker with it and look inside the machine... most likely there will be parts, like a "hard drive", inside that you can save and use for a computer, if need be... Otherwise, you can just go OFFICE SPACE on it (referring to the FAX machine scene from the movie)... If you have not seen OFFICE SPACE, you must!  You absolutely MUST!!!  One of my top ten favorite movies ever!!!    Diane from Las Vegas.