Monday, January 29, 2007

And The Winners For Guest Editors For The Week Are.....

Hello dear world

How are you ? At the moment its pretty cold here in my neck of the woods but thankfully my fingers haven't fallen off ha,ha,ha,ha. I would like to announce at this time the winners for Guest Editors For The Week which are as follows:

The Hadonfield Myers Experience ------ http://journals.aol.com/Hadonfield78/TheHadonfieldMyersExperience

Lone Star Concerto ------- http://journals.aol.com/jayveerhapsody/LoneStarConcerto/

Saturday's Child --------- http://journals.aol.com/ksquester/SaturdaysChild/

Sunshine Colorado Notes --------- http://journals.aol.com/dwhee70041/SunshineColoradoNotes/

Marie's Muses --------- http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say that Marie of Marie's Muses got me to thinking recently with one of her entries "The Dinner Party". Here's the question:

You invite 5 people for dinner....famous or not.....people who will inspire scintilating conversation and dazzle the room with their with and charm who will be your five dinner guests and why ?

For starters my dinner would consist of chicken breasts over a bed of croutons splashed with olive oil with a side of asparagus tied with bacon and mixed vegetables and for dessert I would have cheesecake topped with raspberries with a side of chocolate sauce served with ( 2 ) bottles of wine. 

Now on to the guest list:

Anthony Bourdain - I think that besides him being a great cook he is also an amazing writer. He also has a show on the travel channel called "Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations". I think he would add quite a bit to the dinner because I think he's a very interesting person.

Dennis Miller - From his politics and his humor I think that he would have a lot to add to the conversation among the other guests. I would like to ask him some questions as well.

Nora Roberts - From reading her books I find that being that she is a writer I would definitely want to invite her to dinner. I also think that she would be a very interesting person to talk to. I would think that she could offer lots of interest to the conversation. I have often wanted to meet her.

Bill O'Reilly - Since I have heard his political commentary on the Fox News Channel I would want to include him as a guest. Being that I have disagreed with him on his views I would want to talk to him and ask him a few questions. I would also like to see how he handles the different conversations with the other guests at the table.

Kiefer Sutherland - Being that I have always been a fan of his I certainly would want to invite him as a guest to the dinner party. I would definitely like to have a conversation with him and to get to know him face to face.

To the guest list I have some extra people added:

Jon Stewart - From his Daily Show on Comedy Central I would be so excited to have him come to dinner. I think that he would add quite a bit to the conversation along with his humor and his insight.

R. Brimm - This guy would be on the top of my list. Being that I have been a huge fan of his writing and his poetry I would most certainly like to have him as a guest. I definitely would like to talk to him in person. There is so much I would like to ask him as well as talk to him about.

Jack Black - Seeing his movies and being a huge fan of his I would be more than happy to have him come to dinner. I know that it would be interesting to talk to him with the others at the table. I also think he has a tremendous sense of humor so that would be an added plus.

Sean Hannity - I would say that being that I have heard him on the radio and on the Fox News Channel as well I would want him to be a guest as well. I don't agree on certain things he says just like Mr. O'Reilly so I would definitely want to talk to him about a few things as well.

Jimmy Carter - Being that he was friends with Mattie Stepanek and been a President in The White House I would definitely want him as a dinner guest. I also think that from the books he's written I would also like to talk to him about a few things.

Rosie O'Donnell - I would also like to include Rosie as a guest because I too would like to talk to her. I think that she would add something to the conversation but I do have a few little things that I don't exactly agree with her on. I would like to talk to her and get to know her. I would like to hear her opinions about world views.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my dear world who would you like to invite for dinner ? Who would you most like to talk to ? I would love to have you all over for dinner but we will save that for another time. I hope you had a wonderful day. I will talk to you again soon.

Ciao !!!!!!!!!!!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you darlin' for mentioning me and visiting my journal.  I guess I would have to invite Oprah, my husband (depending on if I am speaking to him at the moment) I adore Nora Ephron (latest book...I Feel Bad About My Neck) Muhammad Ali, Margeret Thatcher, all of the living first ladies and Collin Powel.  While some would eat crow and others chew the fat, I would have the patagonian tooth fish (sea bass), beefsteak tomatoes with mozzeralla cheese, basil, a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, fresh green beans and some nice white wine.  hmm, it's making me hungry.  Sound good?  You can come too!   Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my journal and leaving your very kind comments.  AND Thanks so much for taking me up on my dinner party challenge!  Very interesting list...LOVE the fact that you coloured outside the lines and invited a few extras!  I would love to be at your party.  A VERY interesting guest list indeed! Ohhh....and Guest Editor of the week?  What do I have to do for that?  Or is it just an honor I can sit back and enjoy?  lol  In any case thanks for the lovely mention.  I do feel honored.
Have a wonderful day!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/