Thursday, January 18, 2007

A HOBBY OF MINE

Hello dear world

First things first how are you ? You might want to know that we didn't wake up to any snow just absolute cold,cold,cold,cold and more cold and the temperature is still dropping down down down down down down and down. I am happy to report that all of my fingers are still intact though ( sigh of relief from the peanut gallery ) .

Anywho....recently my dear world I have been reading one of my other favorite journals which is titled "In The Shadow Of The Iris" which I have to say is a must read journal if you haven't read it yet.....here is a link ---------> http://journals.aol.com/justaname4me2/InTheShadowOfTheIris/ . The wonderful writer of this journal inspired me to share a few words so here are my thoughts:

As you know by now dear world I often haunt the stacks of my favorite bookstore "Barnes & Noble". From my many many travels there I have picked up quite a few books along the way and they are all flooding both my room and a bookshelf that leans ever slightly against a wall in my bedroom. I have opened the covers of many of them and consumed them hour after hour and day after day and minute after minute on cold nights such as this one we are having in my neck of the woods. Many of the books I've read are classics written rather famously by such people as Robert James Waller, Hemingway, Kafka, Fitzgerald, Anne Rice, George Orwell, Nicholas Sparks, Charles Dickens, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, Ray Bradbury, Nora Roberts, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mattie J.T. Stepanek, C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Elie Wiesel and many many more.

I have also devored many a poem by such poets as Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, Emily Dickinson, Edgar Lee Masters and Mr. Walt Whitman. I have also read various autobiographies of people as Robyn Miller, Anne Frank and many others. You might also be curious to know that I have gone through many different romance novels along the way simply for fun. My fingers also slipped between the pages of the lives of vampires, aristocrats, governesses as well as bikers who tore open bodices, bit the necks of women and of those who fell in love. I consumed them all. Many of the books I have read I can tell you now  have either fallen into baskets, or are teetering on the edge of shelves or stuffed like pigs in a blanket in my already crammed almost to the point of spontaneous explosion bookshelf.

Mainly I just had to share with you a little bit of myself. So my dear world is there any book you like quite a bit or is there a book somewhere you wish you hadn't picked up or bought ?

I guess that about wraps it up for me. I know that I probably have kept you long enough so until we talk again I will say.......

Happy Reading !!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say you were a very rounded reader! You enjoy all the genres and I think that shows alot about your character. Thats very good.
I sent a package out to you, it should be coming very soon. I don't know about you, but just knowing something is in the mail for me is always exciting <unless it's a bill of course!!>
Have a wonderful week!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

It was interesting to read about your dilemma with all of your books (I have read from most of your mentioned authors) ... Have you considered donating some of them to your local library?  Or, if you're like my father... and can't stand the thought of getting rid of books, then maybe adopt a pet project of building yourself a "custom" made bookshelf?  Just a thought. :o)