Sunday, January 14, 2007

Duty Free Shopping

Hello dear world

First things first....how are you today ? Well here I am again like clock work. I am quite happy to report that it was one of those really wonderful days.

My family and I went over to a place called Southlake Mall which is always fun. Through half of the store my oldest niece and I went through a couple of stores including Bath & Body Works. We went shopping in the store. I bought her some Cinnamon Bun Body Lotion and for myself I bought some Spicy Gingerbread Body Lotion and some Spicy Gingerbread Three In One Body Wash, Bubble Bath & Shampoo. Then my niece and I went to Sears which is also located in the mall. In Sears my family and I walked around. While we were in Sears I purchased my niece a purse she liked. While we were walking around Sears we were in a part of the store which sold t.v.'s, electronic equipment, music and movie DVD's. In the store I bought the movie "Love Actually" on DVD. Let me tell you dear world Hugh Grant and Colin Firth are both funny in the movie but in one part of the movie there's a guy who happens to be in love with his best friend's girlfriend and he isn't able to show it. The guy in the movie does express his feelings in a part of the movie which is my most favorite part of the movie.

Later on after the mall we stopped off at Dunkin Doughnuts where I got a delicious iced latte. I have to say that next to Starbucks Dunkin Doughnuts is the best place to get doughnuts and a great latte and a doughnut or two.

Once we got home I watched my DVD which I will add to my collection of movies I like. Later in the evening I watched the season premiere of "24" which is a must see show. I have to say that Kiefer Sutherland is the best part of the show. I have to also say that he deserves 20 academy awards for the show because he makes the entire show worth watching.

Anywho....did you know my dear world that certain parts of the world are being pummelled by snow and ice but the weather was pretty amazing in my neck of the woods. I can tell you that it was like Summer had arrived early and I certainly enjoyed it.

Enough about me and my day how was your day ? How are you holding up ? How is the weather in your neck of the woods ? By the way I don't know if I told you this but I will be off of work tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow basically I don't have any plans but I didn't have any plans today either. I hope your day was as nice as mine.

Before I say good night you might want to know that I have a picture of myself posted on MySpace. Its just an ordinary picture taken of me here is the link if you want to pop in and say hello ----------> www.myspace.com/southernmush .

That's all for now. I will talk to you later. Byyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had such a great day!  You deserve it... tried to peek but it wouldn't open.. will try again
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,
You are a real busy person. I get quite exhausted reading all the things that you get up to...all that shopping and eating in the malls..what a whale of a time you and your family have. I am so pleased that you have such a great family to share your life with.  where I live is very quiet. I think I told you we don't have many malls...just in my village a small general store, a butchers,and the post office that sells papers and sweets etc...maybe that would be your favourite!!  I had a lovely day yesterday as I was at church in the morning and then to my sisters for lunch..it was my birthday yesterday and I had a lovely surprise as my niece and her soon to be husband were there and also my other sister and brother in law...we had a great dinner and lots of laughs.  I am waya tomorrow to New Zealand so don't expect to be in again for a while to read your journal but you never know I might have a day to spare when I am away. I hope to try to write up my journal whenever I can Till I get back look after yourself.  Sybilx

Anonymous said...

You sure love to shop don't you? Enjoy your day off. B. x

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you enjoyed your shopping trip Monae, there`s nothing better than a spending spree...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I just went and clicked on the link to your pic on myspace.com... you look OKAY on that pic... but MONAE, what about posting the pic that you sent out on Christmas?  That one was sooo much nicer... the one on myspace does not do you justice!!!  You should show off your cute self!!!  Just my 2 cents here!