Thursday, January 11, 2007

IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY YEAH !!!!!!!

Hello dear world

How are you ?? I know that you haven't heard from me in a few days but its been a long couple of days of work for me all eight (8) hour shifts but here I am. As a note I was informed that its National De-Lurking Week. I would cordially like to invite anyone and everyone to pop in to my journal, introduce yourself and if you have a journal / blog please feel free to leave me a message and your link so I can come over and say hello to you as well.

Anywho my dear world I last night I listened to the President's speech as he discussed a new strategy for Iraq and I have to say that I don't know if this plan will work or not in the long run. I read in the newspaper that the war in Iraq has cost the lives of more than 3,000 members of the U.S. Military. I think that with this continued war in Iraq that the world is in something of a crisis and I am not sure if a resolution will come soon. In thinking about all of what I have seen on television and read in the news it would be nice if we could seek as a nation a nonviolent conflict resolution but I know that's just not at all possible. I just don't have any answers to a solution to the war. I just hope that things in Iraq turn around so that the troops are able to return home sometime soon. I don't really know if things will change there but I hope that all turns out in the end. I also hope that the President's plan will work out for all involved. As Mattie J.T. Stepanek once wrote:

"There are lessons to be learned from successful endeavors, there are lessons to be learned from concepts that did not work, and there are lessons to be learned from the people who are in the desperate situations of poverty and war and other injustices."

Hope is a present

of future each day,

A voice from our heart

To show us the way.

----------------------- Excerpt from "About Hope", May 21,2003 -Mattie J.T. Stepanek.

On a more different note on my way home from work I stopped off at a place called called "Rocky's Pizza & Sub Shop" here is a link --------> http://local.yahoo.com/ga/jonesboro/Food+Dining/Pizza/ . The place is located on a street called Tara Blvd. & Highway 138. The phone number is (770) 478-2620. I got some food to take home for dinner. I had a sub called a Jumbo Rocky's Italian which was good. I would have liked to have gotten a Greek Pizza or a Pizza Steak & Cheese Sub though. I can tell you that tonight was my very 1st time going there. I'm sure that I will be going back to Rocky's sometime soon. I am thinking that my coworkers and I should go to Lunch there one of these days. You might also like to know that they have a Spaghetti Dinner, a baked Spaghetti and Lasagna. For dessert they have a cheesecake, a chocolate cake and a carrot cake. I definitely would like to try their Spaghetti Dinner. I have to say that the food was good and I am looking forward to going back.

So my dear world how was your day ? What have you been up to ? How is the weather in your neck of the woods ? Its been pretty cold here in Georgia and the wind has certainly been icy these last couple of days. I am longing more than anything my dear world for Summertime. If Summer doesn't come soon all of my fingers will probably fall off due to frostbite.

Well that's about it for me....I will talk to you again. You probably didn't notice my absence but I didn't forget about you my dear friends.

Good-night all. Sweet Dreams !!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have a rocky's pizza sub pub in our area too, yummy food good times

have a great weekend, Missy  

Anonymous said...

I missed ya. x Have a spiffing weekend. B. x

Anonymous said...

just spent a pleasant hour reading back on your entries I havnt been getting your alerts ~ hopfully I have put that right now ~ I am glad you are OK ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

It's been unseasonably warm here for the last few weeks but it seems like this weekend, Mother Nature tends to reconcile that anomaly by hitting us with some very cold, wet, weather and maybe a ice storm or two.

I haven't eaten pizza in a long while given I'm a strict vegetarian. I have been tempted to buy a nice rice pizza crust, some organic pizza sauce, a big bag of soy or rice mozzarella cheese and some of my favorite veggies like mushrooms and make myself a nice vegan pizza.

Warmest Regards,
TK the Rambling Raconteur
http://journals.aol.com/tks333/ramblings

Anonymous said...

Rocky's Pizza and Sub shop... hmm... yummm... sounds good.  Nope, we don't have one of them out here... sure wish we did... I think I'm hungry now!  LOL  I'm just waiting for my husband Chris to come home from work with our buffalo/bbq chicken wings for dinner!!!  In the meantime, I'm trying to be real, real quite since both of the kids are napping ===>  very unusual now, since they are older.  But hey, if they choose to go into their rooms by themselves to take a nap because they are tired... whose gonna stop em?  Surely now me!!!  LOL.
Diane.

Anonymous said...

Rocky's Pizza and Sub shop... hmm... yummm... sounds good.  Nope, we don't have one of them out here... sure wish we did... I think I'm hungry now!  LOL  I'm just waiting for my husband Chris to come home from work with our buffalo/bbq chicken wings for dinner!!!  In the meantime, I'm trying to be real, real quite since both of the kids are napping ===>  very unusual now, since they are older.  But hey, if they choose to go into their rooms by themselves to take a nap because they are tired... whose gonna stop em?  Surely not me!!!  LOL.
Diane.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I guess I'm one of those "lurkers"...I've left a couple of comments though.  I'm always so far behind on alerts, I can never stay caught up.  I do enjoy your entries I've read.  It's cold here in Texas.  My hubby built me a big fire and I'm sitting in front of the fireplace with my laptop, drinking coffee and trying to read journals!  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~