Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Masterpiece Theater Classic

Hello again dear world

How are you ? Its cold and raining here this evening in my neck of the woods but I am well. I wanted to share some news with you. A few minutes ago I was watching Masterpiece Theater on the Georgia Public Broadcast channel which showed "Jane Eyre" here is the link ----> http://www.gpb.org/ . The version I saw tonight was an old version which I enjoyed. An actress named Ruth Wilson played Jane Eyre, Toby Stephens played Edward Rochester. I have to say that Charlotte Bronte's 1847 love story is still an endearing classic to watch. I loved Toby Stephens as Mr. Rochester he really brought the character of Edward to life. I also liked Ruth Wilson as Jane she portrayed the character wonderfully. I liked the old version I saw tonight more than the new version much more. I have never seen this version on DVD I will have to hunt for this because I would like to see this again.

So my dear world what did you do today ? Are you a fan of the movie "Jane Eyre" as I am ? I do hope that your weekend was a nice one. We will have to talk again later. I just had to come and tell you about this wonderful movie I watched on Masterpiece Theater. There is nothing better than a old classic on a cold rainy evening such as this one.

By the way has any of you seen any funny commercials lately ? I have. I was watching a commercial this evening for a sleep aid called Rozerem which I thought was rather funny. Here is the link --> http://www.rozerem.com/ . Let me know what you think ?

That's about it for now. I shall leave you now. Sleep well everyone.

Sleep Well everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen Jane Eyre, at all. I'll have to check it out sometime. I always find it either fasinating or depressing when a great book is turned into a movie. It's a 50/50 shot whether I like it or not!!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too saw this version of Jane Eyre this week, and it was good... I have seen 2 other versions, and liked them also... funny thing... about 12 years ago, when I was in college, a roommate of mine and I went to a thrift store to buy some books, I found what I believe may be a 1st edition of the novel, not quite sure, I've never had it appraised or anything, but my roommate who was an English major at the time suspected that it was... so I bought it for like $2... the bad news:  I left the book in a box stored in my parents garage when I left for law school a few years later... they just recently moved out here to Las Vegas from California a little over a year ago to live just down the street from me, and when I went through their remaining garage possessions, my Jane Eyre book was nowhere to be found!  =o(   ... Oh well, I'm hoping it will miraculously appear in my parents' new garage someday!  LOL.