Saturday, December 2, 2006

A Little Letter

Hello dear world

Good evening. I thought I would come and write you a little letter so here I am. How are you my dear world ? Me and my family are doing quite well. Anyway....earlier today my family and I went over to Kohl's which is always a great place to visit. Of course I did some shopping there which was fun. What did I buy you might be asking yourself ? Well....I bought some warm winter socks and they are quite cute as well as having the ability to keep my feet toasty warm. I also bought (2) more candles one of them smells like cinnamon french toast and the other one smells like roasted acorns. I could just about eat the one that smells like french toast but the other one not so much. I don't think I would want to eat an acorn. Of course if I were a squirrel I might think otherwise. I also purchased a cute gray sweatshirt that has the words "Winter Wonderland" written on the front of it. I also bought a soft blue wool hat for the upcoming wintry weather. There were other people shopping at Kohl's which made it nice for the holidays.

After Kohl's we went down to a little package store near our home where I purchased some Grand Marnier which let me tell you is quite delicious. I also bought some Bailey's Irish Cream which is very good in coffee. I also bought some Starbucks Coffee Liqueur but I haven't had any yet.

Anywho....A few minutes ago I watched a movie on the Hallmark channel called "The Christmas Card". The movie is about a man in the army who is stationed in Afghanistan who receives a Christmas card from a woman he doesn't know in Nevada City. He is given some leave from the army which inspires him to go to Nevada to meet the woman who wrote the card. I can say quite honestly my dear world that the movie is quite touching and I loved it. I can't wait to see it again.

By the way our Christmas Tree is up but it won't get any decoration until tomorrow. However our dining room table is decorated with a new red, white and green table cloth that has acorns and other Christmasy things stitched within the red, white and green blocks. My mom bought it at Kohl's and it looks nice on the table. She also has some plates on the table with Christmas decorations on them.

Before I end this letter I wanted to share something with you that I read. I really think you will like it too.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are". -Marianne Williamson

All in all it was a really nice day for me and my family. How was your day ? You know its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. All I need now is an unexpected snow. I hope that your day was just as nice as mine was.

My dear dear dear world I hope that this letter finds you and finds you well.

Good-night

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice day. We haven't put any Christmas decorations up yet, we'll wait a couple more weeks at least. Guess we should start some Christmas shopping soon though. B. x

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a fun day!   All of your purchases sound very nice.  There is a Kohl's in a Plaza just 1/2 mile from my house, I like the store very much.   I'm glad to hear that you liked the Hallmark movie tonight, I set it to tape because I was doing something else, but will watch it tomorrow.   Looking forward to it.  Have a nice Sunday!  Judy in CT

Anonymous said...

Glad that you and your family enjoyed getting out today. I myself only got out to feed the birds. I have put out a few Christmas decorations. I have to trek out to the storage building to get all of them then trek back to it to put it all up again. I think I will be scarce with decorations this year. Have a nice Sunday. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Glad you and your family had a nice outing to Kohl's sounds like you made some useful buys ~ I have seen several people today saying what a good film "The Christmas Tree" was ~ glad you enjoyed it ~ sad I missed it maybe they will show it again ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Nice entry Monae, the candles sounds very interesting, I`m just wondering what a roasted acorn actually smells like...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Im glad to hear you are doing well, Monae. It is beginning to look alot like Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Great Letter to all of us. It sounds like you really enjoyed your day. Both Libby and I like Bailey's especially in a good cup of coffee. We are also getting ready for the Christmas holiday. It is a real happy time here and I suspect it is for you all too. My Regards, Bill.