Sunday, December 10, 2006

An Update

Hello dear world

Season's Greetings !!!!!!!!!! How are you these days ? Your probably wondering what I've been up to so let me tell you. I do have a really great supply of news.

Yesterday evening there was a Science banquet at a school in my neck of the woods called "Mundy's Mill High School". There was an awards night for the school that my youngest niece attends called E.W. Oliver Elementary. I am happy to report that that my youngest niece won a plaque for outstanding achievement for a Science project she did recently. She was excited about her award.

In other news me, my mom and my nieces went to Blockbuster after the Banquet. I rented some movies and I purchased "Pirates Of The Caribbean:Dead Man's Chest". I also purchased my other favorite movie "Under The Tuscan Sun". I am waiting for the movie "The Holiday" to be on DVD. The reason I want "The Holiday" is because my favorite actor Jack Black is in the movie. I can't wait to see it.

After Blockbuster we arrived home. I made some hot chocolate for my oldest niece and some great tasting coffee for my mom with some Bailey's Irish Cream which is quite delicious. I then sat and watched some of my favorite cooking shows called "Nigella Bites" and the "Barefoot Contessa" which are both my secret pleasures. Here is a link to check out -----> http://www.barefootcontessa.com/

Anywho.........here's what I did today. Early this morning my day began when I went to church with my family. Me, my oldest niece and my father went up to the altar with the priests and the altar servers to light some of the Advent candles at our church St. Philip Benizi.Here is what my church looks like -------> http://www.stphilipbenizi.org/ . My youngest niece also brought some offerings to the altar with another little girl. You might also like to know that there is a woman at our church who makes bread from scratch which was offered today to those who are new at our church.

After church my family and I went for breakfast at a restaurant called "Cracker Barrel". They do have some really amazing tasting pancakes there. They also have some wonderful items inside everything from quilts to candles to games to seasonal items. They also have a very great tasting drink called an orange and cream soda which is a must taste drink. Here is the link for the restaurant -------> http://www.crackerbarrel.com/

After breakfast we then took a ride to a place called "Rooms To Go For Kids". I hate to say this but the people working inside of the store were rather awful. Question dear world: How do you get charged $10.63 for an item marked on sale for $1.99 ? Shouldn't the workers know the prices of their items ? I have another question. Shouldn't the workers know that they shouldn't be really terrible sales people ? I also think its rather crazy that I had to fill out 5 forms for buying 1 item because they said that the store has to know that I carried it out of the store. The item was a small item which could be put in a small bag. The worker who rung up my purchase made a huge deal out of the fact that I paid for the item with cash I don't get it dear world.....what do you think ????

In my other news once I arrived home I watched one of my favorite movies "The Shop Around The Corner" with James Stewart. I have to say James Stewart is irresistible. I love every one of his movies. Does anyone else like James Stewart ?

Well my dear world that's enough about me. How was your day dear world ? How is the Christmas season going in your neck of the woods ? Is it cold in your neck of the woods as it has been in my neck of the woods ?

I guess that's about it for now. I have probably kept you long enough so I will say good bye for now. Good-bye my dear world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you again soon. Take care and Merry Christmas to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking I would have walked out of that store with the questionaire without purchasing anything. They probably just wanted all that info to send you junk mail. It's been cold down this way. By the way, we received your christmas card. Thanks a lot, it was beautiful. I haven't written out any of mine yet. I need to get on that. have a good night and a great day tomorrow. Hugs, helen