Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Inspired By Morgan of Random Thoughts

Hello dear world

How is everyone out in the world ? I had to come and talk to you about something that I read that I had some thoughts about. There is a young woman named Morgan who keeps a journal named "Random Thoughts".

She wrote an entry recently titled "Changes" which got me to thinking. She wrote that many things have been floating around in her racing mind and she said that writing them down will help her to figure out what she needed to do....Since starting her journal she wrote that she has changed...and she didn't know if it was a good change. She also wrote that it seems like she is writing for another purpose. It seems like she is writing to all of us. She also writes that she has become detached from her own journal, that somehow she has lost something along the way. She writes that her journal is no longer an outlet for emotion, a place for creativity. She shares that it's become this monotonous overview of her life and a place where she feels like she needs to portray a certain aura of respectability and knowledge.

In her entry she also shares with us that she thinks its high time to go back to the way things used to be, where she wrote because she felt compelled to, not because she felt she needed to, where she wrote for her own benefit, not for the sole fact of giving us some insight into her life....She also shares with us that instead of getting mostly thoughts about what's going on in her life, we'll be getting her innermost thoughts, that things that make the brain of hers tick, the feelings that she has in her mind,in her heart, in her soul. She writes that maybe if she does that, she won't feel so conflicted all the time. She also tells us that that she has so much racing around in her head, but she never shares it. She never writes it down anymore. She tells us that she used to just sit down every once in awhile whenever she was feeling confused or sad or angry, and just write and write and write. After she was all done, she would feel so much better. She also writes that its been years since she has done that on pen and paper, and since she has done it here on her journal. She also writes that she is going to go back to her old way of journaling. She also shares with us that she is not giving intoletting her inner thoughts and expressions float away. She writes in such a honest way that she will make sure to take time out and enjoy the simple things in life, those things that used to make her so happy, that she seldom takes time to cherish anymore. She goes on to say that its a step in the right direction for her personal well being, in more ways than one.

I have to say that I think that Morgan is a very right in her entry. Sometimes I can get so bogged down in everyday things in my journal such as talking about the weather and movies and about liking chocolate that I forget to dig deep and talk about the way that I'm feeling like Morgan has. I have kept many handwritten journals but I haven't talked about the things that Morgan has talked about in her entry. I talk about television shows and the movies I like but I stopped getting real whereas Morgan is. Reading Morgan's journal entry got me to thinking about the way I should go back a little to writing from the heart. Perhaps its time for me to stop watching so much television and perhaps do like Morgan has.........gotten real.

Being that its Christmas and we're all running around doing this, that and the other that we don't stop and appreciate the little things....our families, friends and perhaps our loved ones coming into town to see us. Sometimes we even forget to stop and think about all that we are lucky to have in our lives. Before Christmas is over I'm sure many people like myself will be standing in store lines with tons of sweaters, jackets, toys, jewelry and what have you but will we stop and appreciate the things that we can't buy in a store ? Will we appreciate the cards that we have gotten in the mail ? Will we appreciate the simple thing of just being with those around us ?

Mainly my dear world I remember that sometime ago someone wise once wrote......Stop and smell the roses. Will we follow the example and stop along the way to smell the roses ? I am  hoping like Morgan that I can get back to the way I once wrote in my handwritten journal and this one that I can be as honest as she has. A woman like Morgan should inspire us all to dig a little deeper and re-evaluate the way we all happen to see and feel things deep down. She has certainly inspired me to start thinking about things. I really need to start turning off the television and I need to start thinking about the things that Morgan herself has addressed. I don't know dear world since I have begun my journal "Dear Diary" I raise the question: Have I changed ??

Anyway........that's all for now. Good-night.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Food for thought indeed. Like Morgan, I find my writing has changed from being something ersonal into something for others to read. Perhaps we should find a middle road and combine the two? B. x

Anonymous said...

Acknowledgement & Understanding that you have changed, and that your writing has "skewed" away from the deep down emotional feelings that you once shared with us in your beginning journals... that's what got me hooked on visiting your website in the first place... while I am still "hooked" and probably will be until I no longer have online access, aka: NEVER!!! :oP ... because I genuinely feel I have made an online "friend" and "friendship"... still these past few months, it did run in the back of my mind how your journal has evolved into more of the daily activities that you go through day to day (which is also FINE AND GOOD to write, if that's what you want to write about... since this is YOUR SPACE AND YOUR JOURNAL!!!)... and now adays, far removed from your innermost thoughts and feelings that you hold in your heart and mind (which is how your began your journal entries)... I'm not sure why?  I can only suspect, or assume, or surmise that this change has occurred because you have now developed personalized "friends/friendships" and with that, comes more inhibitions perhaps, etc... I don't know if this is the case, as I said, I did notice the "change" and it did make me wonder why?  In the end, it's up to you and you alone, on a day-to-day basis, of what you want your journal entries to express, and show.

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae, I tried to find the original journal entry that you refer to here, Morgan's Random Thoughts can't be accessed?  How do we get access to read it?  I dunno.