Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Perfect Day

Hello dear world

Let me begin by asking how are all of my friends out there in J-Land ?? I am doing quite well today. I would also like to thank Missy for sending me a really nice Christmas card that I can add to this many others I have gotten from the rest of you..... Thanks Missy I really liked the card it was nice of you to think of me as my other J-Land friends have.

Anyway.....this morning one of my coworkers named Dianne gave me some Christmas presents. She gave me a Christmas candy holder, some really nice Winter gloves and a very nice leather journal which like the gloves will get a lot of use. I also presented my other coworkers with their presents which I am happy to report they liked. I also gave my boss a Christmas card with some lottery scratch off tickets inside of it. He likes lottery scratch offs so I bought him some. My coworkers and I also got some items from some of the other people in our building which was nice. Its been a really nice beginning to the start of Christmas. Later in the afternoon my coworkers and I went to a place called Golden Corral for a little Christmas lunch which was also nice.

Once I got home from work my family and I stopped off at Marshall's which is a fun place to shop at. Its also fun to go there and look around. They have practically anything and everything you could possibly want there. You won't be surprised to know that I bought some items but not for Christmas. I purchased some art books which range from Van Gogh to Monet to Klimt. I also purchased 2 journals that I really liked and the book Goodnight Moon which is a great book for both the young as well as for adults. I really like reading books by Margaret Wise Brown.

After Marshall's my family and I went to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse. Its always busy there but its well worth the wait. I had a very tasty and tender 12oz. ribeye with a lobster tail on the side. My oldest niece had some shrimp there that are bigger than a baby's fist. We weren't able to eat all of our food we were so full but we got some to go boxes so we have some of our meal later.

By the way my dear world Winter is finally coming in and its getting rather cold here in my neck of the woods. It is feeling like it might just snow. How are things in your neck of the woods ?

You know I think that eating by writing about going shopping or going out to dinner can be just as meaningful as writing about one's emotions. I think that when someone shares the thoughts about their lives even when going shopping or going to work. I feel like my journal is meaningful too. Morgan's journal is meaningful as well but we write in different ways. Sometimes I can be serious or silly or I can just be completely great. This "Dear Diary" journal of mine will always be open to all of you. I do hope all of you my dear friends know that you may always feel free to pop in and say hello. I just hope I'm not putting anyone to sleep.

That's all for now my dear world. Good-night !!!!!!!!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a good day and then a good meal with your family afterwards. It was a rainy afternoon here and quite windy which felt quite cold. Have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas with your family. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
Well here in England, it is very cold and very foggy.
Your journal is just lovely don't change. We are all different and write about all sorts of things. Sometimes it is better not to be too "open" as it is after all a public site.
It is nice that you had such a good time at work with all your friends and exchanged such nice gifts. We have a lot to thank the Three Wise Men for, as if they hadn't brought our Lord the gifts perhaps we wouldn't be giving gifts now!!
If I don't write again before Xmas and I don't have your snail address...Have a

WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS and MAY EVERY DAY OF 2007 be FULL OF BLESSINGS TO YOU AND ALL THOSE YOU LOVE.    Sybilxx

Anonymous said...

In my corner of England it is very cold and with thick mist but the sun is trying to break through.  It sounds as if you are having lots of fun.  Glad your co-workers liked their presents.  Have a wonderful Christmas Monae, love to your family as well.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I like your writing style just as it is. B. x

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your journal entries... from the first to the last, I'm one of those that came recently this year, I think at the end of summer... others are telling you "don't change", or that they like your writing style just the way it is, etc... but quite honestly, I don't care that they "like" or even dislike your writing style... and to say "don't change"??? You have changed, probably will change even more, as you grow through more life experiences, time, fate, etc... and your writing will most likely reflect that... the only question I have in my mind for you is this:  Why did you begin writing?  Why do you write in public now?  And are your purposes of this public journal being fulfilled?  Do you write to appease your public readers?  (I think so, otherwise why write "I just hope I'm not putting anyone to sleep")  You, and you alone have the right to write whatever, whenever, no matter how it affects and effects your readers, because this is your journal (and I'm sure you know this)... likewise, readers can come and go as they please... but it makes me wonder, do you write to retain readership?  Or, do you write to express those thoughts and feelings that go on a daily/weekly basis?  Or Why?  Either way, it's up to you as to how you want to express yourself... regardless of how others want to perceive you.