Thursday, July 13, 2006

Something New......

Hello Dear World !!!!!

How are you ? Well here in my neck of the woods it was another steamy day here in Georgia. It was hot enough to set off volcanoes all over the world not that I'm complaining. Of course it was another day at work for me. Work is keeping me busy which is nothing new. As for me and my family we are doing well. After work my puppy Hobo had to go back to the Vet for 2 more shots and a check up. Hobo now weighs 16.9 lbs. the doctor said he gained 7 pounds. The doctor also told us that he will probably grow to be 40-50 lbs. He didn't like the shots but he had a little puppie treat while the doctor gave him his shots. He also gave us another heart worm pill for us to give him next month. My mom and my oldest niece was there to help keep him calm. The nurse noticed that we had a flea collar on Hobo which she came to inform us that it would be better for us to get Frontline which helps to prevent fleas and ticks. Hobo's check-up went well of course and he is healthy. His next appointment is in ( 3 ) weeks for the last of his shots. After that he won't have to get shots except once  a year. Hobo is getting bigger and bigger every day. He is also eating like a full grown dog. We were informed by the vet that Hobo is 12 weeks old so it looks like we will be keeping Hobo after all. I think its a little too late to give him up now don't you think ?

Anyway.......Tomorrow night my cousin Peter will be going back home it certainly was nice seeing him again. I will miss him when he leaves and I will be waiting for the next time he flies in to see us.

In other news its been hard to turn on the television and just as hard to open the newspaper without reading about another bombing or to hear about the things going on in the Middle East. So I just decided to focus on things that I like.....shopping. Today my dad and I did take a little ride to the pool store where I picked up a little gift for my mom which she liked.

Being that its been rather hot dear world I thought I would share a little recipe with you that you might enjoy. The recipe is for a "Chocolate Cherry Smoothie". Here is the recipe if you would like to try it for yourself:

Chcolate Cherry Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 cup frozen cherries

1 ripe banana, cut in thirds

3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt

1/4 cup apple juice

2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

In a blender, combine cherries, banana, yogurt, apple juice and chocolate syrup. Process ingredients until throughly blended and smooth.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I also thought I would share a poem with you. The title of the poem is " Ode to Chocolate " by Sharona Gilbert.

Ode to Chocolate

I sat down to write an ode

To chocolate

With a hershey's bar on the desk

My inspiration

I wanted to write about

Its smooth texture

And tempting aroma.

Wafting up to

Tease my nostrils

But unfortunately

All that is left

Of my sweet muse

Is currently being licked

Off my fingers.

 

I hope you have a really nice night..........Take care.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds wonderful.  I'll have to get the ingredients, dig out my blender and give it a try.  (I never met a chocolate I didn't like)    I'm glad it's not steamy hot here in Washington, we've actually had a couple days of cool weather, in the middles 60's with a light rain.  However, it's supposed to be up in the 80's by Sunday.   Thanks for the recipe & take care.  Linda in beautiful western Washington    

Anonymous said...

Glad Hobo is doing good. It was a hot day here in Alabama also. Helen

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious....
Thank you for sharing it............

Anonymous said...

hello
had a looksie through your journal, will come back later for more.

just thought id say that i wont be making the smoothie.
im lazy!
if i had all those ingredients i would probably just sit on the couch and eat them seperately.
sooo lazy!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad Hobo is doing well, I do not blame dogs for not liking the shots.  I agree about the flea colour, they can cause permanent baldness around the neck.  Frontline is much better although I try and use natural stuff like tea tree oil which fleas hate.  I could not possibly try the chocolate smoothie, I would end up in hospital.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Glad Hobo is doing so well ~ Sorry your cousin Peter will be going back home and you will miss him ~ hope his next visit won't be too far away ~ Ally