Sunday, July 9, 2006

Some Information......

Hello Dear World....

How are you this wonderful Sunday ?? First things first. My family is well and that includes myself. My cousin Peter is also well. You would love to meet him. He is still the world's greatest story and joke teller anyone would ever meet. He would certainly make you laugh if you ever met him. He came over for some of my mom's Gumbo which is still the best tasting Gumbo this side of Georgia.

In other news I was reading John Scalzi's journal "By The Way..." in which he described his trip to Boston which I must say I enjoyed. I myself have never been to Boston but I surfed the Web and found some things about Boston which might interest you.

First of all.....the main way into and out of Boston is Logan Airport which is serviced by numerous airlines. The airport is right across Boston Harbor from downtown Boston. There is also an airport subway stop. The main routes into Boston are I-90 (also known as the Massachusetts Turnpike) from the west and I-95 and I-93 from the north and the south. Boston has a number of "trolleys" ( buses made to look like trolleys ) that I read are a fun way to get around the city.

Boston itself has museums, sports to fresh seafood to Italian cuisine. Boston is one of America's oldest cities ( founded in 1630 ) . One of its most famous sites are the Paul Revere House in the North End. One of the places you might want to see is Faneuil Hall Marketplace, where you will find tons of street performers and a food court. The Marketplace also features tons of shopping ( including a way cool toy store called Zoinks ) . There's another place called Durgin Park in the Marketplace where you can get some classic Boston food including baked beans. Or you can walk a block to a place called the "Union Oyster House" which is not only historic but kid-friendly. There's also the "Haymarket" where you can find some classic Boston street theatre. I read that on a Friday or a Saturday it is a large fruit and vegetable market where the prices are cheap and the vendors are wonderful.

Boston also has museums for the young and old alike. There is a Museum of Science, a New England Aquarium and a Children's Museum as well the Harvard Museum of Natural History. You can check out one of Boston's sites at this link ---------> http://www.boston-online.com/visitors/ . You can also check out John Scalzi's journal "By The Way" at this link ---------> http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/ . I think after reading this you will most certainly want to visit Boston. If you would like some more information ask Mr. Scalzi himself I'm sure he could provide you with tons of information. I hope that I gave you a little taste of Boston without having to search through the entire library of course going to the library can be quite fun.

By the way: Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month ? What is your favorite flavor of ice cream ? Is there a particular place you go for ice cream ?

Anyway..... have fun learning a little about Boston and I would like to wish you a very wonderful Sunday and I hope you enjoyed this little bit of news........Take care dear world

Byyyyyyyyye for now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every month is "National Ice Cream" month for my family.  My very favorite is just plain vanilla, because you can put just about anything on it to dress is up. And I usually only buy Dryer's Grand Light brand.   Other than a McDonald's sundae ($1.00) once in awhile...we don't go out for ice cream because it's too expensive.  The last time we got a Baskin & Robbins cone it was over $6.00 for two of them.  The most unsual ice cream I've ever had is Persian ice cream from a Persian ice cream shop in North Hollywood.  The particular kind I had was delicious. But since I live in Washington state, it's not something I have all the time.  Happy Sundae !!   Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

I just love that shop name Zoinks! I don't eat ice cream often but when I do I like a raspbery ripple. And the place I'd go to get it - Italy, of course, lol.
Glad you and your family are all well. B. x

Anonymous said...

Favorite ice cream?  That's easy...  It's got to be butter pecan.

-Dan

Anonymous said...

My favorite ice cream would have to be Key Lime on a waffle cone from BRUSTERS. If you haven't tried a Bruster's ice cream run right out and do it NOW!!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to try your Mother's Gumbo! I ALWAYS add Frank's Red Hot sauce to mine. I usually soak my Gumbo up with some French Bread.

...sweetest dreams...TERRY

Anonymous said...

Glad you are your family are OK ~ Raspberry Ripple is my favourite icecream ~ having said that I like any icecream Yummy ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hey there -- thanks for the greeting! I'll be in touch, for sure. I'd have to say that my favorite ice cream is a tossup between mint chocolate chip and Ben and Jerry's 'Chunky Monkey'. THose are my favorites, but the ice cream that I eat the most often is whatever is in my neighbor's freezer. I'm kinda like the Kramer in her life in that regard.

-Journals Editor Jeff

Anonymous said...

Say it like you mean it...Baahhhhstun.  LOL.  I love me some Butter Pecan or chocolate ripple!  Mmmmmm....now what's in my freezer......?