Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Something called " Wednesday " and Believe It Or Not Stories

Hello Dear World.....

How are you ?? I am doing fine. I wanted to share something with you. I was going through the Atlanta Journal Constitution when I came upon a little news that you might not believe so see for yourself.

A " human zoo " is set to open soon in Shanghai, China. Four Australian men will live in a glass box on a downtown mall for two weeks in June, with the public able to watch them sleep, eat and bathe, as reported in the newspaper. The group, known as the Urban Dream Capsule, has drawn crowds with similar displays in London, Hong Kong and other visited cities. I read that they show their whole lives from getting up to going to bed which is reported by a lady named Karen Chang, the event's organizer which she also reported to the Shanghai Daily Newspaper. She also told the newspaper that " They like to have people watch them taking a shower at least twice a day, of course certain body parts are not shown because there is nontransparent glass in the bathroom. " The public is allowed to send e-mail or faxes to them, or they can put messages on the glass.

Here is a link to "The Urban Dream Capsule" ---------------> http://www.urbandreamcapsule.com/

My question is this dear world : Would you want to see them ?? What would you think of this display of a human zoo ? What are your thoughts on this ??

Tomorrow I have a story to share with you about a guy on E-bay who recently tried to sell New Zealand on one of E-bay's auctions I'll let you wonder about that one until tomorrow.

On a different note I came upon ( 2 ) new journals that I wanted to share with you. One is titled "The Little Things" and the other is titled "sotto voce usa".

Here are the links -----------> http://journals.aol.com/gotomaria/TheLittleThings/

here is the other ------------> http://sottovoceusa.blogspot.com/

Drop over and say hello to the writers of these journals. I enjoyed reading them as I am certain you will.

Well my dear world.......I hope you enjoy reading my entries and getting to know me. I hope you will return for another visit. Take care my dear friends...

Byyyyyye for now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good-night

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't really fancy watching humans spending their days in a glass box ~ I would find that most boring ~ but I expect they will get plenty of people wanting to watch them ~ look forward to knowing about the chap trying to sell NZ on e~bay ~ I always enjoy your entries ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to come over and thank you for the wonderful, sweet comments you left in my journal recently. I so very much appreciated it!! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch

Anonymous said...

I love Atlanta....but human zoo in China, hmmmm don't think I'd like that too much!  Thanks for the warning!
Sharon - http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

I had heard about people trying to sell the Brooklin Bridge so why not N.Z.    lol     Watching ppl in a glass box?    It sounds kind of boring, but it draws ppl to watch them who think it's interesting.    It shows that the Chinese are becoming as silly as the rest of the world, so I guess that is good.    China is not like the society it used to be, that is for sure.     mark

Anonymous said...

The human zoo sounds a little silly.  It might be worth visiting if I didn't already see so many humans in their natural environment.  :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for giving me a plug here.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit like the movie The Pplanet of Apes!