Sunday, May 7, 2006

A Most Wonderful Sunday.....

Hello Dear World.....

How are you today ?? I have so much to tell you I don't know where to start hmmm......Let me start off by telling you about my oldest niece's piano recital. My niece plays piano did I tell you that ? She does quite well and she likes doing it. She wore a beautiful black dress with a small white ribboned belt along the waist and the bottom of it had a white stripe that goes all around the bottom of the dress. She also wore a small heel pump shoe with straps which I must say she looked beautiful in.

Anyway.....At her piano recital she played a piece on the piano titled "Appalachian Air & Dance" which she played wonderfully. Other young teenagers played pieces as well. I am quite proud of my oldest niece at how talented she is. I just love to see her at all of her recitals. She is turning into a lovely woman more and more everyday. Let me tell you she is also in the band at her school which she plays the Baritone that she plays as well as the piano. She is also very smart let me tell you. My oldest niece is oooh so very dear to me just like my youngest niece who I also love just as dearly.

Anyway..the other part of my day was spent at a place called the DeKalb Farmers Market which is a place with people and foods from all over the world. My oldest niece, my dad and my mother and I went there together. My youngest niece went out with my sister. I'm sure next time she will go with us.

At the Farmers Market you can hear people speaking various different languages like French, Spanish and my mother told me that some of the people were speaking Italian, Irish and many other languages that I must say I didn't really know. At the market we went through and bought some crawfish, fruits, french bread, cookies, various different sparkling ciders and soft shelled crab which is a tasty kind of seafood. My dad also bought some onions and some batter so he could make onion rings the way he likes them. As well as a flower shop and a coffee spot there is a little place as well to shop inside of the DeKalb Farmers Market whereyou can buy all kinds of wonderful desserts like fruit tarts, cheesecakes, mousses, eclairs, baklava's and of course Gelato's which is the famous dessert in Italy as I have come to learn.

After shopping we arrived home where my mom cooked the crawfish and the soft shelled crab and my dad cooked his onion rings which were amazing by the way. I was as they say the taste tester for the onion rings because my dad wanted me to tell him how the onion rings tasted. I have to say that I am a great taste tester if you ever need one. I also ate quite a few sugary desserts that we brought home from the recital and some that we bought home from the Market.

All in all our dinner was quite wonderful....It was a very busy day for me and my family but it is was also fun. Question : Is there a farmers market in your neck of the woods ?? I would like to know. I would also like to ask how your day went ???

I just hope your day was as wonderful as mine. Take care everyone......

Sweet Dreams !!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day was good ,and yes there is to be a farmers market in Huntingdon thats in Cambridgeshire here in the UK ,your food all sounded so yummy ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You sound like you had a wonderful day ~ can just tell how proud you are of your nieces ~ It rained here most of the day so didn't do very much nice quite day relaxing ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely time.  Your neices sound lovely and I know you are proud of them.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,

What a talented young lady your neice is, you must be very proud.  We have Farmer`s Markets here but they are for selling local produce.  However where I live we have an annual market where the stalls are from other European counties.  They sell all sorts of cheese`s, fruits and lots of other exotic foodstuffs. :o)

Sandra xxxx