Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Saturday..........

Hello Dear World.....

How are you this fine day ? Let me start off by saying I love Saturdays when I don't make plans. Today my oldest niece, my folks and I went for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A in Stockbridge, Georgia. Check it out here --------> www.chick-fil-a.com/. The food was quite delicious they had a buffet style breakfast. Then we took a ride to the Mobility Warehouse was also located in Stockbridge, Georgia. You can check out its site here ----------> http://www.mobilitywarehouse.com/. For some reason my mom's scooter decided to stop running so we went to see why it stopped running. It turns out that her scooter was fine. The guy working in the store was really helpful to us.

After all of that we took my niece to her piano lesson. Then we went over to the DeKalb Farmers Market where we bought some Crawfish, some Soft-Shelled Crab and I bought some Chocolates as well. We love going there its like visiting a foreign country without having to get on a plane. There was a ton of people there speaking in all kinds of different languages and buying foods from all over the world. I love going there and hearing the different people talk in languages I have never heard before. It is nice to go shopping there to buy foods I have never eaten before. I bought some Chocolates which are from France and Belgium can you imagine. It is all wonderful there let me tell you.

After all of that we went to a store called BrandsMart U.S.A. BrandsMart is a pretty huge store. My niece found a stereo that she fell in love with instantly. I also bought me a new radio and some CD'S. One of them was a CD by USHER and another one was by NATASHA BEDINGFIELD. My dad bought some war movies which being in the NAVY some years ago when he was a young man he loves to watch war movies he is a real history buff. Anything about different wars and things he can tell you. You can check out the place at this site ----------------> www.brandsmartusa.com/. We loved going there it was a wonderful place to look and shop. I have never been in a store that big. There was an upstairs and a downstairs filled with stuff to see and buy. There were a lot of people there shopping as well. It has everything under 1 roof can you imagine a place like that ???

All in all it was a really wonderful day to be out and about doing things with my family. I would like to share a poem with you from the poet / writer R.Brimm who also keeps a journal "Chosen Words" which might help you unwind after your day. The poem is titled "Haiku #151"

 

Haiku #151

pausing in the shade -

a crow's shadow in the grass

folds                             unfolds.

 

R.Brimm              c.2004

(The poem was originally published in Modern Haiku;

now in Walking the Same Path, Haiku Society of America 2004 Members' Anthology

-----------------------------------------------

You might want to check out one of my other favorite journals titled "My Everyday Life" which is kept by my dear friend Helen. In her journal there are some really great Moon shots which just having you jumping into bed a little early tonight. The shots might have you yawnnnning before you know it.....Check out her journal here -------- http://journals.aol.com/madcobug/MyEverydayLife/

I hope that you had a really nice Saturday. To all of you Mothers out there I hope that you have an exceptional day tomorrow where ever you will be with your families. I will be wishing you all "A Happy Mothers Day".

Take care dear world !!!!!!!!!!!!

Byyyyyyyyyye for now

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day spent with your family. Thanks for the comments you leave in my journal. They are so uplifting. Happy Mother's Day to your Mother for tomorrow. Helen

Anonymous said...

Spending time with family is one of the greatest things..........
Happy Mothers Day to your Mother...

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my journal, I thought I'd return the compliment and stop by. I've enjoyed reading this entry and now I'm off to read some earlier ones. B. x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good shop and that place sounds interesting with all the different nationalities.  Hope you spoiled your Mum on mother's day.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for visiting my journal recently and for leaving such a lovely comment. Hope you have a great week! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch