Sunday, May 21, 2006

I Have RETURNED !!!!!!!

Hi Dear World !!!!!!!

I'm back !!!!!!!! On the 19th we arrived at Indian Springs State Park at campsite #73.

As you might not know Indian Springs is one of the oldest state parks in the United States. At Indian Springs there is a spring which The Creek Indians used for centuries to heal the sick and impart extra vigor to the well. During the 1800's, the area was a bustling resort town....I just thought I would share a litte historical information before I told you about my trip.

On our first night there we went out to eat at a place called Carlos' Mexican Grill. They had a deck outside filled with guys dressed like Urban Cowboys some even looked like John Travolta did in the movie "Urban Cowboy". I saw the deck as I walked into the restaurant. My family and I ate inside. The food well it was alright I wouldn't say great. If your looking to hear music and not so great food then Carlos' is for you.

The next day we spent the entire day at the beach. I happened to get cooked like a lobster. I'm pretty much red at the moment. Anyway....Something did occur at the beach. If your afraid of snakes you might not want to read the rest of this part of my trip. Anyway....A woman screamed at the top of her lungs which alerted everyone in the water that a snake was also bathing in the water. There isn't a lifeguard at the beach we went to ever as we have come to learn. Everyone including young ones got out of the water unharmed of course. No one knew the specific name of the snake except that it had red all over its head so I don't know if it was poisonous or not. It swam to the other side of the beach to another part of the shore where it went away harming no one in the area.All in all it was a nice day and the temperatures stayed in the 90's which was pretty steamy. Let me tell you I always end up burned after our trips but rest assured I will be fine.

Early the next morning we packed up and began to leave the park. But before leaving we went to the office so I could buy my youngest niece a necklace with some rocks from the area. I also purchased one for my oldest niece which she was happy about. After all of that we stopped off atthe Spring House and filled some bottles with the mineral water from the Springs. When returning home you have to let it sit out so the sulphur in the water can evaporate. Yes the water is drinkable after 24 hours. Being that there is Sulphur in the water it has to sit open and allowed to evaporate. A lot of people from all over the world bring bottles, water jugs and other containers so they can collect water which is believed to heal those who are sick and to give extra wellness to those who aren't. We have gone to collect the water many times when we visit. Some people from China. England and Boston and many people from different places as well have been to the Spring to collect the water as well. The address to the place is as follows:

Indian Springs State Park

Lake Clark Road

Flovilla, GA. 30216

The phone number is ( 770 ) 504 - 2277

If your ever in the Georgia area you might want to take a stop over and visit the Springs for yourself. My family and I just enjoy going to different places and going camping. We have a great time this weekend and we plan to go camping again soon. I can't wait for our very next trip.

Have you ever been camping ?

How was your weekend by the way ??? Our entire weekend was filled with wonderful weather. The temperatures stayed in the 90's and we were happy about the nice weather. It was a little warm but it was still nice. I had a great time and I did bring back some pretty nice souveniers from my trip as well as plenty of memories.

Have you ever been somewhere that you really liked ? Let me know I would like to know about the different places you've been.

Well I will talk to you again tomorrow. Have a great week. Its back to work for me so for now I will say have a wonderful evening.

Byyyyye for now

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed your outing. Before my wife became ill we camped regularly in the several state parks and facilities near St Louis. I now just dash out to do some fishing and return in a few hours. always enjoy your reports. Keep it up

Spencer

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed your outing. Before my wife became ill we camped regularly in the several state parks and facilities near St Louis. I now just dash out to do some fishing and return in a few hours. always enjoy your reports. Keep it up

Spencer

Anonymous said...

Glad you and your family had a great weekend. Have a good night and a good day tomorrow. Helen

Anonymous said...

So glad you and your family enjoyed your outing ~ I liked the little bit of history of Indian Springs State Park ~ glad you are now safely back home ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun...sounds like a nice place to camp.  I have been camping many times myself and it is always a fun way to get back to nature.  Snakes usually leave people alone for they are pretty scared of humans.  We have them pop up in our rivers around here every now and then but usually they only come up once everyone is out of the river for the day.  Hope u have a good week.
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco

Anonymous said...

Hi, finally found my way back to your journal, I lost the link. (You're on my alerts now so no problem in future.) Sounds as though you had a nice weekend, even if you did get as red as that snake's head. Lol.
I'm curious, do you think the water works or is it just a myth?
I used to go camping a lot when I was a kid but I never was a big fan. I like my comfort too much. Things are different these days though and camp sites are all kitted out with mod cons - water, electric and showers etc.
Thanks for stopping by my journal. Have the rest of a nice evening. B. x

Anonymous said...

I haven't done any camping in a long time.    We have been cool and the rain stopped yesterday and it is sunny today and cool this morning.     I only slept 2 hours last night so I am tired already.    mark