Thursday, May 18, 2006

Another Unbelievable Story and Going Camping For The Weekend....

Hello Dear World.....

Good evening. Let me begin by saying that if you don't hear from me over the weekend its because my family and I will be heading to a campground for the weekend. We will be going to Indian Springs State Park in Flovilla, Ga. I can't wait until we get there I'm sure it will be fun.

The unbelievable story I wanted to share with you is about someone who recently tried to sell New Zealand which is NOT for sale by the way. A person in Australia tried to offload the nation of New Zealand at $4 million to the highest online bidder on E-bay. With a starting price of just 1 cent, brisk bidding for the prime chunk of South Pacific real estate quickly boosted the price to $2,330 before E-bay pulled the plug on the auction last week. "Clearly New Zealand is not for sale" which was confirmed by E-bay Australia spokesman Daniel Feller who had told the New Zealand Press Association, adding that 22 bids had been made before the company acted. The trader had not been named but apparently was unimpressed with New Zealand.

Can you believe that someone actually tried to sell New Zealand ?? I can't believe that someone tried to sell it on E-bay.

On a different note a lot of my favorite shows ended for the season including Will & Grace, ER and Bones. Let me tell you I was a huge fan of the show Will & Grace. I can't believe the show is over. Today I heard that a lot of people were talking about the movie the " Da Vinci Code ". I haven't seen the movie though. Have you seen it dear world ? On the radio I heard that the movie is getting some controversy.

Leonardo da Vinci painted the famous "Mona Lisa" which I was named after as well as Claude Monet the artist did I tell you that ? Did you also know that Mona Lisa was a lady named Lisa de Gheradini. Did you also know that Leonardo was born April 15, 1452 in the Tuscan town of Vinci which is west of Florence. Here's another interesting fact: In 1502, he did a simple drawing of a 1,080-foot stone bridgeto span the Golden Horn Inlet in what is now Turkey, Norwegian artist Vebjorn Sand built a tribute called the "Leonardo Bridge" which is a 330-foot wooden footbridge which opened in 2001 near Oslo.

Last but not least I came upon another journal that I think you will enjoy titled " Nancy luvs pix ". Here is the link ------------> http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix

If you don't hear from me over the weekend please know that I will return.

Good-night and I will miss you all. Byyyyyyyye for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol at someone trying to sell NZ on e~bay ~ I have been watching a triology of the Impressionists Claude Monet was a wonderful artist did you see this programme ? I am sure you would have liked it ~ I was/am a great fan of Will and Grace ~ enjoy your camping trip ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Cool info.....I like historical stuff like that.  Makes the painting seem more "real".  Da Vinci as I know it is Da Stinkie.  Could be quite misleading to a lot of wandering folks.  Enjoy your weekend!
Sharon - http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

That is great that your parents named you after the Mona Lisa and Claude Monet.    I subscribe to "American Art Review" which is published 6 times a year and it has artists biography's from the 1700's to the present.   There were so many great artists and the reproductions have wonderful detail.    mark