Friday, May 5, 2006

Hey....Its Friday !!!!!!!!

Hello Dear World.......

How are things in your part of the world ??? Here the weather acted up quite a bit.....It was hot, then it rained for about a minute, then it got rather hot again and later on it rained again and then it decided to go back to being hot......Maybe the weather is in a bit of a funk today.....Is it possible for the weather to have a bad day ???? I just had to ask.

Anyway.....What I'm about to share with you might sound rather silly but it was all part of my day....So feel free to laugh while reading this... I won't mind. While working at my place of employment there was a guy on the 3rd floor where I was working who was coming out of one of the offices with some paperwork in his hand. A few minutes later he got on the elevator with me and one of my coworkers. Let me just say that he was really, really, really, really nice looking. He had a very nice smile and he also had rather nice eyes. Since I was on the elevator with one of my coworkers I didn't ask him his name but I would have liked too. I have to say this because he was nice looking and he was dressed rather well.

A few minutes later on the 2nd floor there was another nice guy who was wearing an Army uniform and let me tell you he was a really, really, really, really, really, really nice looking guy. He was walking down the hallway so at that moment I took the time to smile and say hello to him and at that moment he smiled at me when he said hello. I have to tell you that this guy had a really great smile to boot.

I would also like to share with you that for a few minutes I got to see and talk to one of the guys at my work.....I won't say his name but I have to tell you that I have had a crush on this guy for quite a while which I know is rather embarrassing especially since he doesn't know but anyway......

On a very different subject I have something I think you might find of interest.....There is a story which some have called a tall tale but let me see what you think........The story involves an autistic Henry County child with a backpack who gets lost at the cavernous Georgia Aquarium, the world's largest indoor fishtank. The original tale began in England in the early 1990s, according to www.Snopes.com .

The boy was from Henry County, he was 9 years old, he was inseparable from his backpack, the aquarium was locked down and searched. The boy is located and returns home with his parents. They later hear the bath water running and find their son in the tub with a penguin and the backpack nearby. A lady from Fayetteville said she heard the story from a relative, who got it from a best friend. After some time the story died down for time, but the popularity of the 2005 movie "March of the Penguins" gave it new life. Some versions of the story have a lot more specifics added been changed though.

In December 2005, officials at Boston's New England Aquarium actually invited reporters to observe a penguin head count to counter the rumors of the story according to Snopes. The opening of the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta and the subsequent tidal wave of publicity, has once again resurrected the story. The Georgia Aquarium has 15 African penguins in its Cold Water Quest Gallery , and their display is reportedly one of the most popular exhibits at the facility. It was reported that anyone would have to go through five levels of security just to get to the penguins. If someone got to the penguins it is reported that the penguins at the aquarium have sharp beaks. Workers at the Aquarium reported that only the caretakers are able to handle the penguins without getting bitten.

Because of e-mails and talk at the Aquarium the story has reached critical mass over the recent week said Aquarium spokesman Dave Santucci. Well what do you think of the story ???? Do you believe the story ??? Let me know what you think. Here is a link if you want to check out the Georgia Aquarium ----------> www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Now......its time for news about my weekend plans.....If your wondering I will be going to a picnic at my church St. Philip Benizi where there will be food including bar-b-que and hot dogs for children. Lunch will be served 12noon - 3:30pm. There will also be cotton candy,sno cones and ice cream. Rides will include such activities as a moonwalk, a turbo swing and pony rides. Music will include karaoke and other various activities. People can bring lawn chairs and or they can bring blankets which is always always fun. Hopefully the weather will be nice....I'm hoping. The price is 4$/ adults and $2/ children. Tickets come with arm bands. You might want to come.....So here is a link to the Church -----------> www.stphilipbenizi.org/.

What will you be doing this weekend ???? I hope you will have a fun weekend and I hope you all are well.By the way check out my neck of the woods at this link -------> www.earthcam.com/usa/georgia/atlanta/ . Good night my dear world.

Sweet Dreams....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely being in the lift with Mr Gorgeous ,lucky girl .I think its possible the boy managed to get the penguin out !........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Very interesting story about the young boy. Hope the sun shines down on you today at the church picnic. Helen