Saturday, July 2, 2005

Wonderful Saturday....

Hello world....This was a very wonderful Saturday. The weather was nice and the wind was cool. I hung out with my family which was fun. We spent the day outside doing the family thing.

On a different note later on in the day I saw a program on television called "Rivers and Tides" about an artist named Andy Goldsworthy. It also showed him doing some of his artwork. For a little background Mr. Goldsworthy makes "land" or "earth" out of natural elements....stacks of rocks, mud thrown into rivers. He stitches together leaves to form lines often placed in water, or entwines twigs in a arc, he creates a delicate spiral of chestnut leaves, he makes long,wavy ridges in Arizonian desert sand. He makes beautiful art but the sad part is it is often short-lived. His art is amazing. When he speaks his words are filled with poetry just like his art.

On a completely different note there is a journal that I think needs a few fans....  http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke

The guy who writes that journal is named Joe. In one of his entries he says that blogs are boring. I think he is wrong. I have read some very great blogs by many different people. Let me name a few.....Jeannette's Jottings, View From A Farm House Window, One-Way Passage and La Dolce Vita  just to name some of them. I think that everyone should check out his writing and show him that blogs are not as boring as he says they are. He needs a few fans right now. Drop by and give him your thoughts.....

On a better note all kinds of radio stations were playing the songs of Luther Vandross. I still can't believe he's gone. I loved his music. I never got to see him in concert I wish I had. It was nice to hear his songs on the radio. I recently bought one of his CD's titled "Dance With My Father". His CD was beautiful I must say.

Here's some other news - The 4th of July is approaching fast. I bought some fireworks at the grocery store so my family and I will be celebrating with the rest of the world in style. He have quite a few packages of fireworks that will light up the night sky that's when we choose to make some art of our own. I hope everyone will enjoy the day as I will.

I am hoping that everyone has a great weekend !!! Take care dear world...until next time....sleep well

Happy 4th of July !!!

P.S. Check out these fabulous journals....

http://journals.aol.com/Lacaza3/sweepingthecobwebsofmymind/

http://journals.aol.com/rap4143/MyDayMyInterests

http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

 

these journals will be an enjoyment to read....drop by and see for yourself.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I too was sad Luther Van Dross died and heard many of his tnes on radio today. Thanks tho for helping to spread happy info to the world.
Spencer
http://journals.aol.com/yeolecontractor/SpencersPlace

Anonymous said...

I have done a posting asking whether people think blogs are boring.  I think this man is in the wrong job.  He programmes the aol. main journals page but thinks they are boring???? There is something wrong somewhere.  He says it was a joke, well it is a pretty weird joke if you ask me!!!!