Monday, July 11, 2005

My Trip....

Dear World....

Here I am again....I have returned from my trip. My parents and I went to a place called "Red Top Mountain". Here's an little historical fact from my trip....Red Top Mountain was once an important mining area for iron. The place was nice. The weather held up nicely for us the entire weekend. The lake there is called....Lake Allatoona or as I call it "The lake of a can of tuna". Lake Allatoona was quite beautiful. Red Top Mountain is located in Cartersville, Georgia.

While we were on my trip we went to a concert which showcased some bluegrass music which I have to say is music which should be called "Crying In Your Beer" kind of music. There was this little dock there which sat near a little cove right on the water. It was a nice little dock. You could sit and spend an entire day on the dock appreciating the water and the view of Lake Allatoona. We stayed at campsite #17 which didn't give much of a view. Once you venture out you see all kinds of wonderful postcard views and little spots you just have to stop off and see. I did do a little bit of shopping which took up quite a bit of time but it was worth it.

The thing I liked about Red Top Mountain apart from its sights was the fact that there were no mosquitos there which usually come with camping. At the lodge there is this restaurant and let me tell you the food was great.

All in all it was quite a nice trip for me and my parents. We had a great time and we enjoyed all that Red Top had to offer. It was like going to a foreign country because there were all kinds of things there that we had never seen before. I really have to say that camping is fun I have always enjoyed it. Its hard to describe it all because there was much more to see and do. We really couldn't do it all in a weekend so we tried to do as much as we could.

The best part of our trip though were the sunsets.....The sunsets there were amazing and you couldn't put them into words because they were that beautiful. Every single sunset was different from the one before.

What more could I say....

Good-night world...I just had to tell you a little of my trip because I thought you might like to know how I spent my weekend....

Here is a link to another journal you might enjoy....

http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/

become a fan as I have.....

All in all did you miss me dear world ???? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good trip, sounds like you had fun.  Thanks for telling us about Red Top Mountain. Did you get any photos of the sunsets that you could post on your journal?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!  Sounds like a great trip.  I've heard about Lake Allatoona, but never had the chance to visit it yet.  This entry may hasten that event.  Thanks for the nice comment you left in my journal.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you enjoyed your trip.  You sound as though you had a great time.  It sounds like a lovely place to visit.  Welcome back !  :-)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

HEY...I've been there. I didn't get the chace to camp or explore though. It was one of those rainy day get in the car and just drive kinda things. I seem to remember a resturaunt there. Did you get to go there? Are there still plenty of deer there? There were so many deer there at one time that the park had to hire hunters to thin them out. With all the land development in that area there simply wasn't enough wilderness to support the deer. Quite sad really.

...glad you had a good time...looking forward to hearing more about the trip...TERRY