Saturday, February 4, 2006

My Saturday.......

Hello Dear World.......

How are all my friends today ? I thought I might share my day with all of you. You might say this is ripped from the headlines of my life. Earlier today my mother, nieces and I took a trip to our local grocery store , Kroger. I had a great time shopping and so did my nieces and my mother. We went down each and every aisle picking up things we like. My nieces loved the fact that they could buy whatever they wanted. I thought I would spoil them rotten as I usually do which for me is fun.

Weather wise - its been quite cold here in fact. If you ask me you could put a box of popsicles outside and they would stay frozen with the amount of cold we have had here in Georgia. We still haven't gotten any kind of snow though I don't know if we will. I have talked enough about the weather.

In other news...... Later in the evening I watched a rather good movie called "Barefoot In The Park" with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. "Barefoot In The Park" is a very funny movie. To be in a movie with Robert Redford I would take up acting or at least I would take a dozen or more acting classes. Robert Redford is a great actor in my opinion. By the way he is also a great looking man.

On a more different note......I'm sure everyone knows that tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. Of course I don't know much about football. I'm sure that many guys will be glued to the television like an octopus stuck to its favorite meal. What does an octopus eat anyway ??? For all you guys and sports fans Tom Arnold has a sports blog which might have you wondering who is Tom Arnold ? Well go check out his blog at "Tom Takes Detroit". Here is his link ---------> http://journals.aol.com/sblradio/TomTakesDetroit/

What did I eat today you might wonder....Well I ate a few very delicious pieces of some Pepperidge Farm Mini Milano Dark Chocolate Covered Cookies, talk about a mouthful say that 5 times fast.....a little bit of humor. The cookies were good by the way. They were also quite rich and chockedfull of chocolate which is in my opinion is good,good,good. Check this site out at ---------->  www.pepperidgefarm.com/

 

After my junk food attack. I watched a program on the Discovery Channel called "Grizzly Man". A guy named Timothy Treadwell made a documentary of his life. He lived each summer on an Alaskan wildlife preservation with Grizzly Bears. He was attacked and killed by a Grizzly Bear along with a woman that he knew. His documentary shows that he was a huge fan of the bears he loved them all a great deal. It was sad to hear that he was attacked by a bear but he did provide a wonderful documentary of life on the preservation while filming the bears.

The book I have been reading is turning out good. I didn't describe some of them in my earlier entry. Princess Minikin is 3 feet tall. Samuel also known as Fossil Man is half ape. Harold who is the main character in the story also meets a fortune teller named Gypsy Magda. On her wrists and her ankles she wears silver bracelets and scarves. She walks with a jingling and a tingling of metal. I will tell you more about the story later as I continue my reading. I thought you might like meeting some of the characters in the story.

All in all I hope that your Sunday is a good one. For now I will say good night and sweet dreams............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae, Being British I no nothing about the Super Bowl.  It`s obviously a big thing over there so enjoy the day! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello, I thought I'd stop by and leave you a comment : )
I also admire Robert Redford. I love the fact that he lives on his own farm and has horses.
Have you ever seen Horse Whisperer? You might like it. I love that movie and Robert Redford is a great actor in it! ; P

alright, I'll talk to you soon!
much love-Liz

btw- I also laughed about Pepperidge Farm Mini Milano Dark Chocolate Covered Cookies.. It is a lot to say!

Anonymous said...

I also saw that documentary on the Discovery Channel last night.  It seems like that guy went a little nuts, there at the end....jumping around in front of his camera, cursing everyone.  It's very unfortuante that his life ended in such a terrible way.  
Robert Redford is not as good looking as he was when he was younger but he is truly a good actor.  I liked him best in "Out of Africa" he was at his prime then in my opinion.    GO SEAHAWKS !!!!!
Linda in Washington state