Thursday, February 9, 2006

Just A Little News.......

Hello Dear World.......

You might want to know that its beginning to feel like I should be living in Alaska right now. Its gotten pretty cold here in Georgia and my fingers will soon be falling off. If you don't hear from me after this know that my fingers and toes turned purple and fell off due to hypothermia.

In other news there has been tons of drama, drama,drama,drama at my job but I won't bother you with the endless details of the soap operaish insanity taking over the building where I work. I'm sure that you know the feeling.

There is something exciting in the news.......I don't know if you heard. The 2006 Winter Olympics will be held in the city of Turin (Turino) in the Piedmont (Piemonte) Region of northern Italy. I have NEVER been to Turin myself though. The Opening Ceremony will be held Friday February 10 at the newly built Olympic Stadium. This is the 20th Winter Olympics to be held. The first Winter Olympics were held in 1924 in Chamonix, France which I heard is not far from Turin. Approximately 2500 athletes from 85 countries will compete. I myself wouldn't mind going to Turin it sounds like a really interesting place to see and visit.

Will you be watching the olympics dear world ? I read that in Turin there are 160 types of cheese and famous wines like Barolo and Barbaresco. Turin also has some outstanding pastries especially chocolate ones. Did you know that........Chocolate for eating as we know it today ( bars and pieces ) originated in Turin. Wouldn't you like to go there and try some of their chocolate ? I also read that The Piedmont Region has some of the best food in Italy. Turin also offers some unique architecture and museums throughout Turin.

I will try to read more about Turin and share what I find out for you........

At this moment its colder here in my neck of the woods. I wonder what the weather is like in Turin right now ? How is the weather in your neck of the woods dear world ?

Good night dear world.........sleep well

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you my dear, that was very interesting. I love the Olympics and I will definately be watching.
That city sounds very interesting.
I Love Chocolate and I love Cheese....................
Sounds like my kinda town....

Anonymous said...

Wish you could go to the Olympics too. It's cold here in Alabama this morning also. Helen

Anonymous said...

Georgia?  Really?  Me too. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

hi Southermush!!

I love the Olympics!! =)

Ill be watching..while im SNOWED in!!

much love,
Meg

Anonymous said...

I watched the opening ceremony and will certainly be watching some of the events.  Sorry it is so cold your way.  It has turned cold here tonight but today was sunny and warm enough to have the back door and windows open.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/