Sunday, May 29, 2005

Saturday's Edition

Greetings from the South !!! Today my family and I went to a friends house for a bar-b-que. Going to someone else's house is like going to a foreign country. What I mean by that is - you see things you have never seen before and you meet people you have never met before. The sad part is, is that it rained and it got cold so we had to leave the bar-b-que kind of early. There were no single people there my age everyone in attendance was married but the food was good and the dessert wasn't bad either. All in all it was good. Here in the South we had some pretty great days of good weather so I guess it was time for a little rain. Pretty soon Summer will arrive and it will be pretty warm. Summertime is good for picnics, going for walks in the park, going to the theatre to see a movie or putting out a swimming pool like I did for my nieces which as all kids will agree is always a good idea. As for me I'm doing fine and this nagging cough that I've had from a cold I had a few weeks ago is starting to leave me day by day with the medicine I'm taking thank goodness. It seemed like I would have the cough forever but I don't cough as much so that's another good thing.

On a different note I've been reading other people's diaries and journals and I have found a lot of them quite fascinating. Jeannette's Jottings is quite a wonderful journal to read. I like her journal a lot. Her journal is a lot more interesting than mine I must say and she is quite a writer in my opinion. I would suggest giving her journal a read anytime. I can say that I definitely like her journal. I just hope that more people find something to enjoy in reading mine I really don't know...until then....Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good time at the barbecue.  Thank you for such nice comments about my journal.  Believe me I did not start off like that.  I did about three entries, got no comments and was going to give up and wrote an entry saying so.  That is when I found out that people were reading!  You learn as you go along what to put, people like to hear about your past, about your family, funny or sad things that have happened to you, the area you live in, local history.  The more you do, the easier it gets.  I am sure there are lots of things that you could tell us about. Once again, thank you for mentioning me and the lovely comments. xxxxx