Saturday, May 28, 2005

News for Saturday

Hello again ! This afternoon I did a little yard work for the upcoming holiday also known as Memorial Day. I also had to fill 2 swimming pools though one of them had to be drained because it was a little large for the ground deck. Now I can really imagine what it must be like to fill the whale tank at Sea World if it had to be done with a small water hose. 

On another note I have to say that I'm a little bad at knowing the names of yard tools. I'm not good at knowing if I'm using the right tools or not. I can't say that I'm an expert when it comes to shopping at Home Depot.

Just think what if the ocean had to be maintained with the use of a ordinary water hose wouldn't that turn out to be some job in itself....then again I could be wrong.

On a different note I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE mosquitoes or as I like to think of them...mini blood sucking vampires...I get bitten everytime even when I've used a ton of bug spray. I wonder if I'm the only one that feels that way ?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mornae, well I sometimes forget the names of garden things. If we are working outside I often ask Mike to pass me the "thingey"  as if he is supposed to know what I mean!!  Mosquitos, I loathe them. I think they love women, must be our hormones or something.  When we have been outside in the evenings, the men never get bitten but Becky and I are eaten to death.  I see no need for those pesky little things.  They spread disease and the world would be better of without them.  Oh, have you got your journal on Faces of J-Land?  If not, you should.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really hate mosquito`s and all other biting insects. I`ve had bad allergic reactions to them in the past......nasty little things!  :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi :o)
Doesn't it take forever to fill a swimming pool!!
I don't even have a hose, so have to fill ours with a bucket, it's a very slow process.  Imagine if the ocean had to be maintained with a bucket!!  
Haven't had many dealings with mosquitoes, maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones they steer clear of.  Nice journal, will add you to my alerts :o)
Sara   x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sarajanesmiles/SarasDays