Thursday, November 18, 2004

Thursday's Thoughts

Hello good evening world. Since Thanksgiving is only a few days away I was thinking about the holidays which got me to thinking about all of the traditions of Thanksgiving. I was curious to know how different parts of the world celebrate Thanksgiving. I was also thinking that it would be interesting to know how places like India, China, Hawaii, Russia, Australia, Jamaica, Sweden, Norway, Boston, London and Alaska celebrate their holidays. I wonder if the holidays in other parts of the world are different from mine.

On a different note I was also thinking about the soldiers who are still in Iraq and I got to thinking that the soldiers might not be able to be home with their families for the holidays. I hope that they are able to return home to be with their families on this Thanksgiving. We should all be grateful that we get to be with our families because our troops might not be able to have that opportunity. I just hope that they will be.

In other news it was reported that a 72-foot tall white pine tree was placed atop Rich's Macy's store at Lenox Square on Wednesday. Following tradition of course, the tree will be lighted on Thanksgiving for all of the world to see.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful and memorable holiday. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!!! good night.

P.S. everyone who has a chance should read the journal of a woman named Marainey on AOL journals. She is a truly sweet person and one heck of a writer. Her journal is quite memorable to read. Everyone should check out her journal before the holidays.

No comments: