Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some News....

Hello everyone

Good evening all !!!!!!!! How is everyone ? I have quite a bit of news for you. It was raining buckets in my neck of the woods but here I am. On Friday my folks and I drove to the DeKalb Farmers Market which is a store where there are foods from all over the world and people from all over the world. Anywho....I ended up buying some crawfish, some salmon and my most favorite things of all which included : some goat cheese with herbs, some brie cheese and $58.19 worth of soft shell crab which I have to say is my favorite thing to eat. My mom and I and my niece's ended up getting dessert's from the bakery before we left. We also got a cookies-n-cream cake which is pretty good from the market.

After the Farmers Market we went to Blockbuster Video where we youngest niece Megan wanted a movie and I ended up buying the movie "TWILIGHT" which I haven't seen yet.

Later in the evening my dad and I went to Walmart where we got some chairs which we took with us to Athens yesterday for my niece Megan's swim meet. I also purchased the book "Northern Lights" by Nora Roberts. I saw the movie on Lifetime and so I wanted to read the book since I really liked the movie. I also purchased the book "A Single Thread" by Marie Bostwick which I have NOT read yet. I am reading "Northern Lights" which is a pretty good book.

On Saturday it was another rainy wet day. We did go to Athens for my niece Megan's swim meet at Georgia State University. She did swim pretty good but she has to work on her diving. There were a lot of swimmer's at the event and a lot of people were there enjoying the swim meet.

In the book "Northern Lights" there is a guy in the book named Nate Burke and he accepts the job as chief of police in the tiny remote Alaskan town of Lunacy. He has met some of the people in the town and he is learning his way around. I haven't read the rest yet. I will have to let you know how the rest of the story goes.

After the swim meet I treated my family to dinner at the Olive Garden which is like going on a trip to Italy. My mom and I ordered the Limoncello Lemonade which is always good. I had the grilled shrimp caprese which was very very good. I also had some zeppoli with my oldest niece which is Italian doughnuts with a side of chocolate sauce which was very good. We had a great time at the Olive Garden.

Today we just hung at the house. So my dear world how was your weekend ?? I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I am looking forward to my camping trip in April with my family. That's about it for now. I'll talk to you again later.

Good-night

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Goodness what a busy weekend you sure have had. I am glad that you enjoyed it all so much. It was rather wet and drizzly here so Mary and I didn't go out on Saturday. Mary did a jigsaw and I watched the Univercity Boat Race between Oxford and Cambridge, It is always a good watch. Oxford won again...On Sunday it was church and lunch with the family which is always a good day.
Have a good week at work.
Love Sybil xx