Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Love The Holidays.....

Hello everyone

Good afternoon !!!!!!! I do hope you are all well. I wanted to come by and tell you that yesterday I had a really wonderful fun day and I wanted to share it with you.

First, my folks and I and my niece's went to Steak-n-Shake for lunch. I had a white chocolate milkshake with red and green sprinkles which was quite good. The place was packed full with people. The food was quite good too.

After lunch we took a ride to Garden Ridge which was quite fun. I found some cute light up Christmas stickers, a funny Christmas ornament which was a moose sitting in a outhouse and some Christmas buttons and a book called "The Man of my Dreams" by the writer Curtis Sittenfeld. It sure did look like Christmas at Garden Ridge. We decided not to get the purple Christmas tree after all. We are going to use the one we already have. It was fun going to Garden Ridge. Check this link out -------> http://www.gardenridge.com/


***I am going to ask the question : Are you in the Christmas spirit ??? Let me know. *****


After Garden Ridge we went to TJMaxx where I found (2) more Christmas ornaments which I liked and a cute green t-shirt that I ended up purchasing at the store. After shopping at TJMaxx we went to Burlington Coat Factory where I found some sunglasses I wanted and a pair of Apple Bottom sunglasses for my oldest niece that she wanted.

Immediately after shopping at TJMaxx we went to Blockbuster where I rented my family some movies we wanted to see. I also bought some movies including the new "Sex & the City" movie and "The Jane Austen Book Club". I have to tell you that the movie "Journey To The Center of the Earth" was a really great movie that my mom and my oldest niece and I watched this morning. I highly recommend the movie as a must see movie.

Yes it seemed like everybody was out shopping like I was at the stores. It didn't seem like there was an economic crisis going on. It didn't look like the stores were hurting for money at all. I did have a great time going out shopping with my family. I can't wait until Christmas comes.

So how was your day yesterday ? Did you do any shopping as I did ? I do hope that you had a nice weekend as I did. What have you been up to this weekend by the way ? I haven't heard on the news about the shooting yet I do hope that the guy is doing alright. I also hope that they caught the guy who shot him at the pool hall. Anywho...its been a nice weekend in my neck of the woods today.

I'll talk to you again later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Since my Mom passed away in 2005 holidays are the same. So I dont really get in the christnas spirit like I used to

Jeannette said...

No, not in the Christmas mood at all yet, probably because I have a hospital appointment before then and want to get that out of the way. I hope all will be o.k. but I am nervous. Glad you had a lovely day.