Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Little Disappointing.....

Hello dear world

Good evening all. I have a little sad news to report about the election. My uncle Tony Antoine lost the election which I have to say that I was upset about.

Yesterday my dad and I went over to one of the polling places and we held up signs and we campaigned for him while we wore our t-shirts with his name on them while my mom and my oldest niece took my youngest niece to her swim lessons.

Today I was really upset about the news but my uncle and my aunt dropped by the house a little earlier after I got home from work. He is okay about the election he said that he will NOT be running again for any position. I must say that I was rather proud of him for running. I am quite disappointed in the voters of my neighborhood and they say that their was a low turn out of voters at the polls. I did vote for my uncle but the news was still disappointing that he did NOT win. I wish things would have turned out differently. The other people who got elected I feel did NOT deserve their wins because they have NOT done good in my neck of the woods the first time around.

I guess I shouldn't dwell on the election and just realize that things happen and sometimes politics is a hard thing. I did enjoy campaigning for my uncle and I hope that things in my part of the woods will get better.

Anywho......how was your day dear world ??? How are things with you ?? I hope your news is far better than mine at least I hope so. That's about it for now.

I'll talk to you again later

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your uncle didn't win the election. As you say though, it's a tough old game, politics.

B. x

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Monae. Please give your Uncle my condolances..you could also give him an extra hug just to help him out  a hug is such a wonderful expression..
It is a pity that the turn out was low, however it is the same around here. People don't seem to realise that they get what they vote for !  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Politics is a tough game, Monae, and nobody can afford to linger on disappointments like that. It's nice of you to feel sorry for your uncle :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he was probably too much of a good guy for the job anyway.  Hope you had a good Thursday.

Phil