Thursday, August 3, 2006

More About My Camping Trip.......

Hello Dear World !!!!!

How are you ? Well here is a little more news about my trip. On our 3rd day at Duckett Mill my family and I did go fishing by our campsite which as I told you was a rather steep hill down from us. Of course it was a really hot day for us.Anyway... here is a little bit of wisdom I can pass on to you. 1.) Never go fishing when its extremely hot. 2.) Never go fishing around rocks. 3.) Never walk on wet mud in flip flops.

Later in the evening we went to dinner at a wonderful restaurant called "El Sombrero" which is a great Mexican restaurant. The restaurant was pointed out to us by a rather nice gentleman who happened to live in the area. We followed him to the restaurant where the food was quite good. By the way the restaurant is located by an Amish Furniture Store. After dinner we went to a store called Ross where we purchased some items during our trip. When we returned to camp the sun was going down which was a sight to see.

The next day we had to return to Ross to take back a war DVD my dad bought. Three of the DVD's were missing out of the case which is why we returned it. I also purchased a journal for my oldest niece. Later on we went back down to the water by our campsite. My mom and my nieces caught some little sunfish. I myself didn't catch anything but it was fun fishing. The fish that my nieces caught had yellow on their stomachs and they had green on their tails. They were pretty fish and they were put back when we took them off the line. I wanted to bring them home but we ended up throwing them back into the water. A few hours later we went back up to camp and watched the sun go down which was an amazing sight. It was a really fun day for all of us.

I will tell you about our last day tomorrow. It was nice camping and our last day was just as fun as the other days we had. Anyway.....I can't wait to go camping again with my family. We are going to see what campground we want to camp at so I will let you know when our trip is.

You might be happy to know that I'm going to let you in on a secret my family and I have. On the road when my family and I see a Volkswagon Beetle we say Beetle and the color of the Beetle as a game. We identify the cars as if they were endangered species. Its a really fun game and we do it whenever we go camping. Its a little secret of ours. I thought you might like to be in on my family's little games when we're on the road. Its just a little something of a tradition my family and I have. What traditions do you have in your family if you don't mind me asking......

I will tell you more about our trip later. I would also like to know how you are doing dear world ? How are things with you ?

Until then.....have a wonderful day.....

Byyyyyyyye !!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monae I loved reading about your camping trip and am so glad you and your family had such a good time ~ and you let us into a little family secret ~ we play a game with the letters on the number plates of cars when we go out (if the number plate is R215 IGT we make longer words using the letters IGT ~ such as BRIGHT ~ Right~ Light ~ this is a game we enjoy and it keeps us amused for a long time) so now you know one of my secrets ~ glad you put the little fish back into the water ~ the Resturant you went to sounded like a nice place to eat ~ did they change your Dads DVD I hope they did ~ look forward to hearing about your last day ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You reminded me about the game my children used to play when going on a trip. They would see which one could count the most cows on their side of the road. LOL. Your camping trip sounds like a lot of fun. Have you and your family went to Vogel State Park camping. Our family went there many many years ago. Helen
http://gastateparks.org/info/vogel/

Anonymous said...

When we were kids we went to London by bus and we used to count how many blue police telephone boxes we could see along the route. There were lots of them about in the old days, not so many now. I think Dr Who probably has the last one n existence, lol.  B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mushie!  Cheerful wave!
Your camping trip sounds like it was fun!  I know what you mean about not wearing flip flops in mud! LOL! They either get stuck or mud squishes over the top and around your toes!