Wednesday, August 2, 2006

I'M HOME !!!!!!!

Hello Dear World !!!!

I'm backkkk !!!!!!

I'm sure your anxious to hear all about my trip well let me start with a few entries. I will tell you more as the days go on. First things first....How are you ? On our way down we saw lots of farm land and cows chewing on grass and things. There was even a store called "Raspberry Beret" no the singer Prince was not the owner I am sad to tell you. Anyway....... on our first day my family and I arrived at Duckett Mill at site #6. Our campsite was right by the water which was nice. It was rather hard to get to it due to a rather steep hill. Once we got to the water to the water it was warm which we all liked. The water was a dark turquoise color which made our trip a great beginning. Unfortunately it did rain when we arrived but we went foraging for food at a little fast food place and when we got back we set up the pop up and we made camp. Did I tell you ? We have a pop up camper that goes with us on our travels. I am also sad to say that there weren't any cute single guys there for me to drool over while I was on my trip.....Just saying. It was nice to be camping again though. I also learned on my first day that I wasn't cut out to be a hiker of any kind.......Yes its important to learn these kinds of things along the way.

On our 2nd day of our trip we awoke to a rather steamy day at Duckett Mill. It was also nice to wake up to the sound of boats on the water and the view from our campsite was an added delight. The nights down at Duckett Mill are rather cool which I found delightful. There were also no mosquitos in the area. Let me tell you the ants at Duckett Mill were "HUGE". I can honestly tell you than an army of them could have more than likely eat a newborn baby whole within an hour with no one around to watch the baby. We sprayed them a lot and they seemed unaffected by the spray. Here's something else you might like to know......our next door neighbors spray paint the bottom of milk cartons orange and they also stick a fishing line through the milk cartons as a way of fishing for catfish.

The one biggest thing I didn't like about the place was the fact that there were no benches inside the actual shower area. You step into the shower, undress and find NO place to put your clothes or anything. You had to step out of the shower and stick your things on the wall. My thing is what if someone had come into the bathroom and seen me or my mother or my nieces undressed ??? Luckily no one came in. The water was hot it was like no one ever used the showers but us. I think the other campers went to those with big rigs and payed them to use their showers that seemed to be the only explanation.

Anyway.......I will tell you more about our trip next time. I'll leave you wondering what else we did on our trip. I have much more to tell you. It was nice to see some place new and we had fun. We arrived home later this evening and I will hate to unpack my things because unpacking means the trip is officially over.

I did miss you all........How were things with you ? Did you miss me ??? I will talk to you all later........Its nice to be home to come back and read your journals and catch up on my reading. For now I will say good-night and wish you all.........

Happy Dreams !!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we did miss you and the camping sounds great fun.  Not sure I fancy those showers though and definitely not those ants.  We have big red ants in the woods near us and they bite.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and glad you and your family had fun on your camping trip. That was great not having any mosquitoes, maybe because of such a dry summer. Those big ants are hard to kill even for pest control companies. Ken has to order a special kind of ant gel as bait which is quite expensive for his customers. I presume they were Carpenter ants. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Glad you had anice time. B. x

Anonymous said...

Yes did miss you ~ Glad you are home safe and sound and that you and your family had a good time ~ great there were no mosquitos ~ but would have hated those ants ~ glad no one came in the shower room when you were there ~ Ally