Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I HAVE BEEN TERRIBLY SICK........

Hello Dear World......

How are you these days ? Well first things first. I know that you haven't heard from me in a while and I will explain why. Over the weekend I was hit by a rather terrible cold that has kept me medicated, covered in cold rubs and in bed. I am sorry for not being able to come and visit with you in a while so please do forgive me. I am working on getting better but it might take me a while to get back to my old self again. I can say that the common cold should be considered a very dangerous biological weapon.

On a different note someone by the name of Loststream from Las Vegas, Nevada has been dropping by my journal which I just found out since I was unable to come and visit with you which I really would like to thank this person and the so many others of you who come by and offer me kind words, wonderful comments and your gifts of friendship which mean so much to me more than any of you will ever know. Thank You All For This And More......YOU ARE ALL SO VERY DEAR TO ME. Your many words are appreciated so thanks again for all of your friendship.

Anyway.......In recent news Boulder Colorado prosecutors abruptly dropped their case against John Mark Karr on Monday just an hour before he was supposed to appear in court in the killing of JonBenet Ramsey. The Boulder District Attorney's Office said Karr's DNA did NOT match the male DNA found at the scene of the death of 6-year-old JonBenet. Karr told authorities he had killed JonBenet which led to his arrest on August 16th. Well dear world do you think anyone will ever find out who killed JonBenet ???? I just don't know. I just don't know.

Of course it was another hot day in Atlanta, Georgia it was probably 110 degrees or higher. I'm definitely longing for Winter. I am sad to report that I heard on the news that a hurricane watch was issued Sunday for the Florida Keys and Gov. Jeb Bush ordered a state of emergency in anticipation of a Tropical Storm named Ernesto. Its weird the only thing that I think should be named Ernesto is a guy that loves to teach Latin Dancing..........I'm just saying.

By the way.......Earlier today I finished reading a book titled "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" written by Stephen King. The story was about this nine-year-old girl named Trisha McFarland who gets lost on a six-mile hike on the Maine-New Hampshire branch of the Appalachian Trail. For solace she tunes to her walkman to broadcasts of Boston Red Sox Baseball games and she follows the performances of her much beloved hero who was a relief pitcher. His names was Tom Gordon. Trisha in the book imagines that Tom Gordon is with her protecing her in the woods where she was lost. I myself found the book hard because it went on and on and on and on. I also wish there hadn't been as much reference to Baseball in the book. I have to say that I was quite filled with the urge to jump into the story and rescue Trisha myself so the story could have ended quicker. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Stephen King's books but "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" just wasn't one of my favorites.

Anyway......Thanks for listening dear word.

Good-Night

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better friend!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm  a fan of Stephen King too but I agree with you, there have been one or two that went on a little too much, Tommyknockers for instance.
Get well soon. B. x

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you get better soon. Keep on being you.

Spencer

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you have been unwell but glad you are feeling a bit better now ~ Poor little JonBenet Ramsey I wonder if they will ever find out who murdered her ~ such a sad case ~hope you are keeping well ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

My Dear, I hope you feel better soon. I cannot imagine that beautiful face without a smile on it....

Anonymous said...

Feel better Monae.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you have been sick. Glad you are feeling better and I hope you soon get to feeling great again. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  Colds can really be awful things,  I do hope you are feeling much better now. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,
My name is Diane (I'm 33 years old) aka: Loststream from Las Vegas, Nevada... I just now finished reading all your journal entries from 1st to present and think they're GREAT!!!  It took me nearly 3 days... having the chance to be on the computer only when my kids (age 4 girl, age 3 boy)  are either napping during the day, or gone to bed for the night... My husband was wondering what the heck I was doing at night so "QUIET" on the puter  LOL... Then I told him that I accidently came upon someone's online journal/diary entries and that it was like reading a book with really short chapters, but exciting for me because for every entry that you submitted, I found myself secretly hoping you would meet a "Genuinely GOOD GUY" to start dating!  Initially, I started to read your journal because ALOT of what you wrote reminded me of myself when I was around your age before I met my husband... I just wanted to say that You are not alone in this world!  And there is "SOMEONE" nearly perfect (i've gotta say nearly, cuz no one is 100%perfect) for you somewhere out there!!!

Anonymous said...

This is Diane aka: Loststream AGAIN... I wasn't aware that you could only have 2000 characters submitted for your comments... and mine went above & beyond that... so I had to cut & paste it here in this separate comment section:

continued...

I noticed that you mentioned in one of your earlier entries about your fear of online dating...  I too was initially apprehensive about it as well... and anyone who knows me in "real life" would think it uncharacteristic of me and my husband for that matter... But that's how we met!  And it worked out for us very nicely.  There is no one in our lives who knows that is how we truly met, except for my sister... who. by the way, met her now "fiance" online and have been dating him exclusively for 2 years.  I'm not telling you that you should date online men, but I am throwing it out there for you as a suggestion.  Yeah, you are going to run into some weirdos out there every now and then, but then you also going to run into some really "amazing" guys out there who are genuinely, truly, and whole heartedly looking for someone EXACTLY like you!!!  Just give it a thought...  Well, now that you've got me so addicted to this whole journal reading thAng, I'm gonna be stopping by your site regularly now... Cuz, I can't wait for you to find "the one", because you soooooooooooo richly deserve it!!!

Thinking of AND Wishing on a Star for you,

Diane

Anonymous said...

continued....

And last but not least,  I hope you feel better soon and hope you have a GREAT day today!!!
Diane