Sunday, August 6, 2006

An Intimate Entry.....

Boun Giorno !!!

How are you this evening ? Let me begin by saying that John Donne the poet was in my opinion, a romantic. In reading his "Elegy XIX: To His Mistress Going To Bed" is a very sensual poem. I really enjoy reading the poems of John Donne he is one of my favorite poets next to Pablo Neruda, Del Cano, Emily Dickinson and Robert Frost just to name a few of my other favorites.

I will share with you a little sampling of his Elegy with you now. -------

"License my roving hands,

and let them go,

Behind,before, above, between, below.

O my America ! my new-found-land,...

To teach thee I am naked first; why than

What needst thou have more covering than a man ?

____________________John Donne

You can check out the rest of his poem at this site -----> http://www.luminarium.org/sevenlit/donne/elegy20.htm .

Last night I also read another wonderful poem titled "Took You To Bed With Me" which is another sensual poem . I will share a little bit of it with you also......

"Carried you to bed with me

at least in my vivid mind.

Allowed a free for all with you

my favorite keeping kind."

___________________Del Cano

You can check out the rest of his wonderful poem at one of my other favorite journals titled "Spencer's Place". Here is the journal --------> http://journals.aol.com/yeolecontractor/SpencersPlace/ .

Anyway....I thought I would share an intimate moment with you. A few minutes ago we had a little bit of thunder here in my neck of the woods. Of course the thunder did nothing but tease us with its noise. No rain was to follow any of the thunder. Before I go I would like to share another poem with you titled "Six Kisses" written by a lady named Nancy Sullivan.

Six Kisses

1

No longer itself

the hand on that bare thigh

becomes the woman it touches.

The two merge in the hush.

Their skin sweats through the stone.

2

She brings news to the blood,

promises to the mouth.

Their ruly hairs combine.

For once, nothing is wrong.

3

The parts in touching kiss

and in parting touch on what it is

a kiss is.

4

Who speaks ? No one.

The tongue, ripe as a noun,

tastes of poems.

5

The arch of arm, the foot's arch.

Every nerve confides in another.

The mouth was made for such involvement.

This kiss causes them wonder, causes them

panic, joy.

6

They are each other.

__________Nancy Sullivan

 

Perhaps there is a poem you like that you would like to share. I just wanted to share some of myself with you. I have never shared this side of myself with you until now that is.......

By the way did you see my boyfriend Jeff Gordon on Nascar? Well here is his site --------> http://www.nascar.com/ .

For now I will say................

Good-night dear world !!!!!!

May you find a moment of bliss in your life...

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for includinig me in such high company. I am honored by you.

Bless you
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Just for contrast, three less lush but still amorous poems by modern poets who are not necessarily thought of as romantics:

1. I Dreamed A Dream by Ogden Nash
I dreamed a dream,
And I'm glad I dreamt it:
I dreamed my hair was kempt
And my true love unkempt it.

2. What Makes It Good by David Meuel

isn't
the mystery or masterly technique
or even a love so strong
you can smash bricks with it

it's
the spinning waters way i feel
when you grab me by the eyes
and slip your thin black panties
off

3. i like my body by  e.e. cummings
i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh. . . . And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new

Anonymous said...

Awesome poems hun!

Thanks for sharing,

Lv Stevie
xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/stevietwain/ThelifeofSte/

Anonymous said...

Lovely poems enjoyed reading them ~ and thanks for the links ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Nice poems, thanks for sharing. B. x

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all those poems.  I have a lot of poetry books but I seem to busy with journals these days that I do not get the time to read them that I used to.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

My Dear, that was simply beautiful. PLEASE SHARE MORE WITH US...........