Thursday, November 3, 2005

A Rather Off Day..........

Hello dear world.......

Before I begin I have to ask how are you dear world ? I have to be honest today is not one of my better days I'm sad to report. I saw something at work which kind of bummed me out entirely. One of the guys at work gave a lady who also works in the building that I work in gave her his business card which also included his telephone number and his cell phone number in an act of flirtation. She said that he passed it into the palm of her hand so no one else could see. No, I wasn't listening in to her conversation she was telling what happened to other ladies in the building.

What made me tell you this.......you might ask, simple.....Not one guy that happens to work in the same building I do has ever given me his phone number let alone a cell phone number. I am thinking that something is definitely wrong with me in every sense of the word.

On a different note just recently I was reading about a woman named Deborah who is selling her house in Denver, Colorado for 600,000.00 which she estimates is the value of the house w/furnishings plus she put a priceless bid on herself along with the house. Check out her site at www.housewithbride.com . I really understand the way she feels since I am still single myself at the age of 29. Deborah and women such as myself don't want to give up hope that we will find someone perhaps it might just turn out to be a soul mate.

After a while you start asking yourself will I ever find someone ? Will I ever find that one certain someone ? Pretty soon I will be 30 years old and I am left wondering.......Are my chances of finding "The One" becoming less and less ? I don't know........I really don't know.

Good night dear world.......Forgive me for being in such a down mood. I just had to come and talk to you. Take care and thanks.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey

Never give up hope. I believe in my heart there isn't just one someone for everyone, there are many. Sometimes the best things come along when you least expect it.

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better this morning. I did read about that woman and her house in Denver. I don't know your beliefs and what you believe, but I know the Lord has a plan for your life; if you trust in Him and seek Him, he will give you the desires of your heart. That may be a man; it might not be. Don't settle for second best, though. To be married just to be married is no life at all. (not speaking from my personal experience, but experiences of others)

betty

Anonymous said...

I understand your feeling of hopelessness...I've felt that way myself.  My 34 year old son feels the same way right now, he wants to meet a nice gal and get married and start a family.  But...as a Christian, he also wants it to be in God's time and for her to be the woman that God has chosen for him. I've been alone (after a divorce in 1982) and I never dreamed I would still be alone after all these years.  But..I'm not going to go get married to some guy just for the sake of being married. And that's not what you want either.  Just enjoy life, and know that somewhere out there is a nice guy who's waiting for a nice gal like you.  When the time is right, it will happen.  (Work place romances aren't a good idea anyway, if it doesn't work out then it's awkward for both parties.)