Saturday, August 2, 2008

Me And My Family Have Returned.....

Hello dear world

Good evening everyone !!!!! I'm sorry that I haven't been around lately but my family and I just returned from another camping trip at Tallulah Gorge State Park.

We left for our camping trip on Tuesday morning. We got everything packed and we headed for Denny's to eat. We arrived at Tallulah Gorge State Park and we set up at campsite #10 where we camped at before when we camped at Tallulah a while back. We set up camp and then we went driving around town to see what we could see. On our first day at camp it was extremely hot.

We ended up at Chick-Fil-A to eat and then we headed to Walmart to do some shopping. We got back to camp after shopping and went and took our shower's. The water at our camp shower was quite hot and I enjoyed taking my shower at the camp shower in the park. I couldn't wait until the very next day.

On Wednesday it was another great day. Earlier in the day my family and I went to the beach which was quite nice. While we were there we happened to see a rainbow in the clouds which nobody but me and my family saw at the time. We took a picture of it on my camera.

After the beach we got back to camp and we took our shower's. The water once again was nice and hot and it was a joy. We then decided to go out for dinner but the place we wanted to go to was closed for business permanently so we ended up going to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. We ended up going to a place called "La Cabana" which wasn't all that good.

After eating we went to Walmart once again. I bought my niece's each a movie they wanted. I also got myself some movies I wanted including "Blood & Chocolate" and the double feature "Rocky and Rocky II". I also got a book called "Body Language" and some stickers I wanted.

Once we got back to camp my father built a campfire. We ended up sitting outside at our campsite and enjoyed the nice cool evening. We had decided that we were going to go to a hotel since we left our pop-up and stuff at the campsite. My folks wanted to go to Harrah's Casino while my niece's would play at the arcade.

The very next day we drove up into the mountains of North Carolina. Harrah's Casino was right nearby. We stayed in room 103 at the Days Inn. Earlier in the day my folks and I went to Harrah's Casino. I actually played some of the machines. I'm not any good at the machines but I enjoyed going to the candy shop inside of Harrah's where me and my mom bought some chocolate's which were pretty delicious. My niece's also had fun at the arcade.

For dinner we went to a place called "Bob Big Boy's" which was quite good. We had NOT been there since we had lived in California. When we first got to the Days Inn I did get changed and I got in the pool at the hotel. While we were eating at Bob Big Boy's I got a really good hot fudge cake which I really really liked.

The next morning my family and I left the Days Inn. We then drove to a place called the "Gold City Gem Mine". For the very first time I panned for Gold which wasn't all that fun. I did end up Gem Mining later on which I really liked. My niece's did NOT do any Gem Mining. The best part was when the guy who worked there showed me the difference between a good rock from a bad rock. I actually found doing Gem Mining an emerald, some rubies and some sapphires which haven't been cut. He told me that I was a very quick learner. It took quite a while to do Gem Mining but it was quite fun and interesting.

After the mining we went to eat at a place called "The Dillard House". At the restaurant they don't have menu's because its considered fine dining. Its like stepping back in time to when the Rockefeller's lived. The food to me wasn't all that good but my folks liked it. They did have a really good vanilla ice cream which had a whipped topping gelato type of texture which made it quite good.

Once we finished eating we got back to camp. My mom stayed at camp while my dad and I and my niece's went to the Jane Hurt Yarn Interpretive Center. We walked some of the gorge. We got to a place called "the Overlook" which was quite amazing because of the view of the gorge.

A little while later we went to the beach since it was quite hot during the day. The beach was quite nice. We went back to camp a few hours later and my father made a campfire which was nice and warm. My folks fixed the leftovers from The Dillard House while I had a hot dog. Before going to bed I watched some of my movie "Blood & Chocolate" which was wonderful.

Today was the day that we had to leave Tallulah Gorge State Park. We got home a little before 4:00pm. We packed up the camper, the little tent we put stuff in and the car and we left Tallulah Gorge State Park for the very last time. It was extremely hot while we were packing up. On the way home we stopped off at McDonald's for a quick lunch and then we got back on the road and we got home.

Our trip was quite memorable and we all had fun. We are planning to go somewhere new on our next camping trip which I am excited about. Its always hard when a trip ends but its nice coming home again with lots of memories.

So my dear world how was your week ?? I do hope that your week was a nice one. Do let me know how things are in your part of the world.

Anywho.....I just wanted to let you know that I am still here alive and well and having lots of fun in my part of the world.

Do keep me posted. Good-night !!!!!!!


hugsdoodlewacky said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))SO glad you had a good time.

lanurseprn said...

I enjoy reading about your adventures. You always describe everything so well. Glad you all had a fun time.

jeanno43 said...

Glad you had such a lovely time Monae.  The gem mining sounds fun.

pharmolo said...

Welcome back from what sounds like a great trip!

sybilsybil45 said...

So glasd you have had such a lovely time away. Sorry to be late making my coment just got my alerts back....Sorry that work is not going so welll...however hopefully things will quieten down again soon.  Love  Sybil xx