Thursday, August 7, 2008

News For Today....

Hello dear world

Good evening all !!!!!!! How is everyone today ?? Its me again and I have some news for you. First things first...it was quite a hot steamy day in Atlanta, Georgia. Its been hot for a couple of days now and I am beginning to long for the upcoming Fall season. I can't wait until the crisp breeze of October.

It was quite a day for me at work. Everybody was giving me compliments today on my hair. Today I wore my hair down which is usually kept up while I am at work. The reason I wore it down is because I had washed it late last night and I didn't get a chance to fully dry it so I decided to wear it down to let it dry. My dear world most of the people told me that they liked my hair down and that it made me look younger. I don't know someone giving me a compliment was nice but when it comes to saying thank you it becomes like a stun gun to the brain and I am never sure of what to say. Some of the people acted like it was a surprise that I had wore it down. Some of the others acted like they couldn't recognize me and it was like they had never seen me before until today. Don't get me wrong compliments are nice but what else can you say but thank you ??? Maybe I'm wrong what do you think ??

Anywho....recently we had an election in my county and you might want to know that Victor Hill will NO longer be the sheriff of my our county. He will be sheriff until January. The guy who won the election is named Kem Kimbrough ----> http://www.kemforsheriff.com/ . He won the election and of course he will have to run against a republican candidate in our county but he did win the election thus far.

Of course it was the first day back to school for my niece's and they will be back to school tomorrow for another day. Its that time for pencils, notebooks, erasers and homework for them.

How are things in your neck of the woods my dear world ?? I hope all is well with you. I thought I would come by and share some news with you. I won't keep you any longer. I'm sure you have to get back to your activities and such so now I will say good-night

Take care

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))I would love to see a pic of you with your hair down.Thats great everyone loved your hair down.I dnt know what else to say either but thank you when someone gives me a complament.I am sorry about the guy that has to leave and comgrats to the guy for winning.

Anonymous said...

You are a one Monae...What lovely compliments to get...just saying thank you and smiling is just the right attitude to take....(it does make us think though as to what people thought we looked like before I always have a laugh to myslef)   I also had to laugh at you lookig forward to the fall when we are STILL waiting for summer...I thinnk it has once agin passed us by in the number of "days we have had certainly not "weeks""  Mary and I will be looking forward to going to South Africa in October surely we will get some warm sunshine there.  LOve  SYbil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Compliments are great and always say thank you and give a nice smile  to anyone that takes the time to say some nice.  Maybe you ought to wear it down more often.  Have a happy weekend. : )

Allison